Thread: No Braxton Hicks ???

Kooeyau Guest

Default No Braxton Hicks ???

I am currently 32 weeks with my first baby and so far I have not had any Braxton Hicks contractions.Most of the books and Magazines i have read say they usually start around 26 weeks!!! so is it normal for me to not have felt any of them yet??
    I am starting Chilbirth Classes tonight and plan to ask about it then but just wanted to hear from other expecting mums out there
    Thanks

Hi There

I never had any BH's at all with my first born. So not everyone gets them

Love :smt049

carmen Guest

I don't think that I have had any - I get some aches and pains but I think that they are just general pregnancy rather than b/h.

The midwife asked at our last class if anyone was having them and most people said no so I think that the books tend to make out that b/h happens to everyone whereas they don't seem to be that common in real life.

spiddles Guest

I didnt think I was getting any either until I went to the doctor yesterday and I had high blood preasure so was sent to the hospital. Turned out being good because doc gave me another u/s and it turn out bubs is not breech after all is in the right position. Is its butt poking me in the ribs and not the head. So hopefully within a week I should drop.

At the hospital I was set up to baby trace machine. Measures movements, heartbeat and contractions. Midwife was telling me I was having contractions and pretty regular like 3-4 mins appart. So there you go!! I didnt even realise!!!

They think I should be ok just need to take it easy and if I have dizziness, headaches etc I have to go back.

I didn't have any Braxton Hicks contractions during my pregnancy either, and I used to wonder 'why not?', as well. The closest I came to them was after my waters broke, (labour hadnt started though) I was having little niggly pains and the nurse told me they could have gone on for weeks to prepare my body for labour (only because my waters had broken, I was induced)

carmen Guest

HI Spidddles

I have just noticed that our due dates are very close together - looking forward to keeping in touch

Carmen

kelstar78 Guest

Hi there, I'm nearly 34 weeks and had been wondering the same thing. I had a chat to the midwife on wednesday and I found out that not all BH are the same and that my 'period pain like' feelings and the painless tightening of my tummy that I only notice when I rub it are all counted as BH. I am started to realise that nothing in pregnancy is what it seems and as long as bubs is moving then things are fine. Good Luck!

spiddles Guest

Carmen - yup we sure are close. So who will go first *lol* Bets are on!!!