Thread: No contractions or BH at 39.5 weeks?

Default No contractions or BH at 39.5 weeks?

I know this sounds very odd, but could I have not noticed any contractions or braxton hicks at week 39.5? As I am so close to my due date, I have not experienced any of those two.... is it me or is there something wrong? I am getting worried because I've been reading a lot of ppl's posts and they all commented on feeling BH... but me, I have not felt a BH and I am due in 2 days! Is there something wrong with my pregnancy?

Hi Carmen

From what I know, it's completely normal not to feel any contractions or BH.
    I had a friend who went to 42 weeks and had to be induced who did not feel any BH whatsoever!
    Try to relax, you're nearly there sweet.
    xxx

I had no warning signs with my DS. He arrived at 42 weeks, 2 days before my scheduled induction. This time around I've had 2 episodes of really strong branxton hicks that I thought was show time but no I'm still waiting!

~Belinda~ Guest

I've had BH for a while now (only few times throughout the day but very mild). I have read lots of women don't even experience them. Even some of my friends who have recently had Bubs didn't have any! So relax...how wonderful to know it's almost here!

ive also had a lot of friends who never had an BH and labour just started out of the blue so i am sure it will all be fine. im very jealous, you are so close to meeting your little one - congratulations!

Hi Carmen

I'm the same, never had any BH, not that I could feel anyway!

Don't worry, it's completely normal and labour will happen when it's ready.

All the best

Girls, thank you for all your posts. I feel much better since I am not the only one going through this. I guess I'll know when labour comes. Just hoping I don't have to wait too much longer.

Somedays, I thought I felt a contraction, but then again, I found out it was my baby's movement. Hopefully, when labour starts, I will be able to tell.

I didn't have any at all ... was induced 8 days after (some half-hearted contractions started 7 days overdue). I ended up calling a friend to ask if I was having contractions! And I was.

Don't forget, first babies are "typically" 8 days overdue.

Youíre almost there, how exciting! I hardly ever felt any contractions or BH. When they did come, itís on my sonís birthday (40+6, 5 days before my induction date). And I had a pretty quick labour too (around 2hrs in the hossy). So donít worry hun, youíre gonna hold your baby in the count of days Good luck!

Today is my due date. Nothing happened so far and my doctor said that she's going to induce me around 41 1/2 weeks... Hopefully, my baby will arrive before my induction date!

I only had BH with my 2nd and 3rd babies, nothing with my 1st- she didn't even engage!

the first time round i didn't have any bh or contractions until 4hrs before i actually gave birth (ie, when i actually went into labour). this time round i have been getting them non stop since about 34weeks.

I had nothing at all with Zander until I started labour contractions at 1 day short of 41 weeks.

I didn't feel any bh with #1, i even didn't feel my initial contractions after my waters broke, i was monitored in the hossy and they were pretty big ones and i didn't feel a thing (that didn't last unfortunately).

Try not to stress, everyone is different (and every pg and labour is different).

Good luck, you're nearly there

With all your posts, I feel much more at ease... at least, I know for sure that I am not the only one not feeling any contractions or BH... Being 40 weeks now, I am just waiting for the big day to come, hopefully not too long to go. I am still losing my plug in bits and pieces. No show yet and my waters has not broken yet. I just hope that my doctor does not have to induce me for the baby's arrival.

One thing, my doctor checked me Friday and my cervix is still only 1cm dilated... it has been the same for 3 weeks already! Sigh, it seems like I still have some time to go!