Thread: Not feeling baby movements

Default Not feeling baby movements

I've just come back from my Ob appointment and discovered something interesting. I'm not feeling my baby move even though it is moving. I sometimes feel the kind of movement that has my tummy popping out with the punch or kick...but that's it (other than when they kick my bladder). But I don't feel the rolls or anything else. This came about because my Ob was having trouble getting the heartbeat because the baby was moving so much. She asked if I felt "that" but I had no idea what she was talking about! Has anyone else experienced this or am I just a freak? Should I be worried? Or thankful?

Thanks

MG

I know someone who didn't know whe was pg (long story) until she went into labour, full term, so yeah I guess somepeople do not feel the moments as much as others.

Thanks RayRay. I often joke to friends that if I hadn't been trying to get pregnant and tested before AF was due,I would never have known I was pregnant! Other than my development of a big fat belly that would give Santa a run for his money!

MG

LOL MG giving santa a run for his money.... maybe your placenta is on the front of your belly? Did they offer you another u/s? I dont really know..... But you should feel a little blessed atleast you dont get booted awake, or kicked when trying to sleep. As long as you feel some movements. When i was pg with DD i didnt feel as many as i do with DS or this one. Maybe it is a girl and the lady from the u/s was right.......

LOL Jen - I am very thankful I'm not being woken at night - I like my sleep! Is it bad if my placenta is at the front? Should I pursue it with my Ob next visit? Hmmmmmm......

Um in not sure if it is bad. Maybe ask when you go and see your ob.. your on 2 weekly visits yeah?

yup... will have to put the question in my diary so I don't forget! My cotton wool brain is getting worse! Next appt is 29th Dec...

If your placenta is on the anterior wall, they more than likely would have told you in your ultra sound to start with. Anyway, no it's not a bad thing but yes it does muffle your babies movements somewhat.

Tehya's placenta was anterior and I didn't feel her movements until quite late.

Glad to hear you wrote it down MG- maybe we should get messenger or yahoo thing happening...

MG
    The placenta at the front is not a problem. It is only a problem if the placenta is low. Also some women do not feel the baby move as much as others.

thanks guys. I know my placenta isn't low - apparently it is at a good height. I'm happy to get the occassional kick/punch I'm getting - so long as not being able to feel as many movements is ok!

Jen - I will email you my Trillian account....

MG, I'd be happy! I know I whinge about feeling my baby a lot, but I don't feel half the movements I have seen - sometimes you need to have your hand there to feel them, I can't feel them on the inside. My sister was getting all excited about being kicked a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't feel a thing at the time.

Anyway, be happy that even if we are told we can't class ourselves as "normal" for this, there's another freak out there to share the experience with!

MG my bub has been in the same position (breech) for weeks and weeks now so I dont get huge movments but lots of kicks and punches.. could be that bub is just comfortable

MG at my midwife appointment a few weeks ago, she couldnt find the heartbeat, but she had her hand on the outside of my belly and could feel baby moving, but I wasnt able to feel it at all at the time.. my placenta is also anterior and I was told it was not a bad thing, but that it may mean i wouldnt feel quite as much movement as it is sort of like padding.

confusedegg Guest

MOTHER GOOSE: Its not bad for anterior placenta as the others said if low can be problem.

LOL TULIP, my u/s lady said the same at 20 weeks, i could see him punching kicking moving etc and she asked could i feel it and i said nope. My placenta is anterior also. But now i can feel it and happy to say i have cushioning to block his kicks and punches for it can be annoying sometimes.

Well - I obviously jinxed myself because last night the little bugger kept me awake all night with movement! ROFL. And today has been a very active day as well... that'll teach me for opening my mouth!

Little Bubbles knew you were saying that you couldnt feel them.....Hopefully they will settle and you had a good nights sleep last night.