Thread: numb belly

Default numb belly

Over the last couple of days the area across the top of my belly has felt very numb, and rather weird feeling.. has anyone else experianced this??

ms_fluffy Guest

hi there

i'm experiencing something discomfort on the top of my belly, around the top of my ribcage. I think I pulled a muscle trying to get up when I was lying down...it's been a real pain in the arse. Could yours be something similar?

i dont really know canniel, i didnt have anything like it.

hopefully it will stay numb for labour? 8-[

lol.. I doubt I will be that lucky. There is no pain there what so ever, it is just like I have had a local anesthetic (sp) in the belly.. might have to ask the dr tomorrow

I don't have numbness, but my skin feels odd just below my boobs at the bottom of my ribcage. I think it's just as the skin is stretched so much from the size of my belly and the extra weight of boobs pulling on it.

Candice - I know exactly what your referring to, it`s awful isn`t it, got me worried when I first noticed it but all was ok, and it lasted right up until Matthew was born, so that was a good 8 weeks or so.

well the doc has told me that it is due to the skin being stretched so thin that it cuts of the nerve endings :boggle: