Thread: Odd feeling- help please

Kruzzler Guest

Question Odd feeling- help please

Hi all,

Hoping you might be able to help. I'm 30 weeks and have been experiencing some odd sensations- not pain, but it's quite uncomfortable. The only way to describe it is to say it kind of feels like bubs is pulling at top of my cervix while jumping! There's no bleeding or anything else, just this weird feeling. It's been going on for about 3 hours now and makes me jump everytime it happens. Has anyone else felt this kind of thing????

sjc Guest

Could it be that perhaps your baby's head is down? For me, once my little one engaged, every time he turns his head, or wriggles or anything, it feels like someone banging on my cervix! And the more engaged he's got, the more intense the feeling until lately (i'm 11 days overdue) it's been distinctly painful. I'm mean, gasping or yelling out in pain all of a sudden as he moves. Which is frustrating, cos I keep thinking, "Hey, is this it? Is it FINALLY labour?!?!" But it's just the Little Dude moving around.

Either that, or maybe your baby, if still the right way up, is kicking (perhaps s/he can stretch further now than before, which is why you're feeling it now?) your cervix. There's going to be an increasing amount of pressure on your cervix as your bub gets bigger and pregnancy progresses, as well as your ligaments loosening up, which might all be contributing.

Look, I'm not a med practicioner, so I'm just guessing. That's my disclaimer!!

If you're at all worried, call your midwives and ask them over the phone what they think, or if you're with an OBGYN, then perhaps if the feeling is still around tomorrow and you're still worried, see if you can make an appt. Of course, if the feeling gets worse or gets painful, I'd be calling your hospital just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about, and is just your little one getting active and using your organs as a trampoline!

Yeah i get those cervix shocks frequently too - and have done for a while now. I think it's just bub either headbutting or prodding/kicking away down there....definitely uncomfortable!

Oh those are fun aren't they!!!

I wish they'd tell us these things before we get pregnant so we don't have to stress about all the pains etc that we feel. It's normal and probably because baby is head down - but they are uncomfortable and really not fun. I have no advice to help sorry!

Kruzzler Guest

Thanks for responding everyone! Makes me feel a little better knowing that other's have this too...only a few more weeks!!

Kruzzler.

Yes, that's definitely the most unforgettable bodily sensation of late PG (it's nine years later and I still remember)! Perfectly normal.

No need to stress. I was having the same thing at about the same time and other than being a little annoying when they went on for ages they're OK. I don't get them anymore and I think it's cos bub is out of room now....one day to go!