Thread: ok this might sound stupid but....

xox_jessie_xox Guest

Question ok this might sound stupid but....

but im gettin a cold and was wondering is it safe to drink them Lemsip Max cold and flu thingys?

If the only medication in it is paracetamol, it should be fine You can always ring a pharmacy and ask.

Regular Limsip is definately ok, i had it when i was sick while pregnant.. as to the other one, like the others have said, just depends on the ingredients.

You can take any lemsip apart from flu-strength. Just check that it does not contain pseudoephedrine

xox_jessie_xox Guest

thanks everyone =]

I have a cold too, and have found great relief in a lemon water. Cut off skin of whole lemon, slice, put into jug, pour hot water onto lemon, then fill with cold water. Slowly sip. Yummy. (My mum would add a bit of honey too!)
    I've been mildly using the Fess nasal spray before bed to clear my nose and enable some sleep. If I get a headache I use paracetomol, but not often....

xox_jessie_xox Guest

thanks girls... i dont think i have a cold anymore =]....
    but on Monday night i had really bad heartburn and ended up throwing up because of it but it wasnt normal at 1st it was just my dinner coming up and i felt alittle better but when i went back to bed to lay down i started gettin all dizy and had to run back to the bathroom... this time it was blood i threw up... this also happened 2weeks ago but it was like 4.30am and didnt wanna wake anyone... but last night i did and ended up going to the ER at my hosp... and they did nothing at all... i waited for 4hours for nothing.. the nurses were actually more helpful then the doctor... she ended up telling me it could be from burst blood vessels in my throat? the doc just said ooo its from the heartburn and i just needed rest... HE DIDNT EVEN BOTHER 2 CHECK THE BABIES HEART BEAT OR ANYTHING Grrrrrr! when i 1st fell preg i didnt wanna be with this hosp but my doc said i couldnt go to any else... now i really dont wanna be with them... i dont know what to do =[

Jessie - at your stage if there are any problems you should be calling the birthing suites - not going into the emergency clinic.
    When I had severe, severe ligament pains at 18w with my last baby, I went to the emergency ward at 7am, and ended up waiting for 4hrs for them just to check that the baby was OK.
    Had I gone upstairs they would have looked after me straight away.
    From 30w the midwives at your hossy are going to be so much better for your mental state than the emergency ward, so just keep that in mind if you have any problems again. I should imagine one of the first things they would do is put a doppler/CTG on you to make sure its all OK.

Fi