Thread: OK Whats this?????

Default OK Whats this?????

Now this thred may contain a bot too much info for some, believe me i am really embarressed writing it.......

I appear to have passed a large chunk of something through the night...... it is around the size of a 10c coin, shaped like a 3 toed foot, around 2mm thick and i can only describe it as looking like a bit of gristle. There was also a bit of blood with it, fresh red blood and some clear slimy stuff.

Now until i noticed the gristley rabbits foot i wasn't too concerned. I have this rash all over (yes all over) which itches like hell and i often wake up having obviously been scratching in my sleep, the last couple of mornings i've had blood on my fingers and presumed that i'd broken the skin with my itching, now i'm wondering if my fingers have been itching somewhere i don't even want to think about but hey i have been itchy everywhere to the point of distraction so who knows what happens in my sleep.

So does anyone have any idea what the hell has fallen out of me in the night, should i be worried about it, should i go and see about it? i ended up at hossy last week re the scratching so don;t really wnt to rush back to be told it's something normal.

There has been no more bleeding, infact i wouldn't have known about any of this if i hadn't been stripping the bed and found it on the pillow i use to stop my thighs touching each other and itching like hell. I feel normal, bubs seems normal i think. I honelstly thought with this being number 4 nothing much would phase me....... wrong again.....

Taz

BTW I'm 34 weeks tomorrow.

Could it be part of your mucus plug? Can they do anything for the scratching that would drive me nuts

yes i have kept it, it's horrid...... maybe i will go to the docs or call the hospital and ask them what they think.

As for the rash..... i got a script for intihistamines but the pharmacist told me only to take them if i really can't stand the itching anymore as he wouldn''t recommend them for preggie ladies... so i of course havent taken any at all, now my incessant scratching may have caused more problems..... i really don't know what to do.

Thanks for your kind words.
    Taz

sarah

I've never had a mucus plug pass before, i guess its always broken down and come out in bits that i've not noticed, but i would have expected it to be softer than this.... oh yeuch this is stomach turning isn;t it... this "thing" is a bit rubbery in texture.... maybe i should take a pic of it and post it on here and see if anyone can name it (only joking).

Taz

Taz - hope you've managed to get to a doc. I think I read somewhere in here that all over itching late in pregnancy is one of those things you are suppose to talk to your caregiver about.

When I was induced with DS my mucus plug fell out in a big glop and it was like a piece of dried up snot. (hope noone is eating and reading this) have you had any contractions or cramping?

I've had some stronger bh's than usual over the past few days...... oh bugger it i'm going to have to go and phone the maternity department aren't i?????? i just want to go and dig a big hole in the sand and bury my head in it.

Taz

talked to the ante natal people about the itching, they said if it drove me too nuts they'd induce me, said it was nothing to worry about..... but then it wasn't them who were itching!!!

Taz

Cold bath to help with the itching. God only knows with the mucous. Hope youa re feeling better. Sounds all a bit horrendous!!

Mustang Guest

It sounds like it could be your show, and the itching you could possibly have thrush, its appraently quite common to get it during pregnancy... best thing to do is ask your midwife.

Taz

If this thing is a bit jelly like then it is your mucous plug and it may look wscary but it is quite normal.
    About your rash, Unfortunately this is not unusual, if you tell me what medication you have been given I could offer you some advice with this.

Taz,
    You poor love. It does sound to me also like your mucous plug. I really hate that phrase it sounds like.... I dunno it just doesn't sound right!

If you found it in your bed this could be why it's a bit gristly- if it had dried out some before you found it... I would report it to your care provider but would feel quite confident that it is "THE PLUG". This can happen some time before labour begins...

As for that itching... Have you had some bloods done? If so and all is well then I would return to your care provider to review the script. If it is decided it is safe in pregnancy then I would take it. What we worry about is that some antihistimine meds can cause the baby to have some respiratory difficulties if the baby is born soon after you take a dose. You do need to have the script looked at and the decision made weather or not for you to take it in light of your "plug" find.

In the mean time if you have some chammomile tea bags these are really wonderful for relieving itch. Have a nice warm bath (too hot can irritate the skin more) and add the tea that has been well "steeped" as you would make a cuppa but use about 6 teabags for a bath tub...

I hope things improve soon...

Well guys thankyou all for you advice, in the end i called up the maternity ward i'm booked into and they said to come in when i could. I waited till the boys were home form school and left with my brother then off i went. By this time i was convinced that the tightenings in my belly were stronger and more frequent than usual but of course i was sat on my bum taking note of everything when usually i'm doing 40 million different things and letting bump take care of itself.

I took the offending "thing" with me and it mystified them, it wasn;t a plug but they said it seemed more like it was made of tissue as in a huge chunk of flesh, infact the doctor jokingly (i think) asked if one of the kids could have hidden a bit of his tea there, in retrospect it did actually look like a bit of raw chicken breast, but it came out of me it wasn't planted there.

They monitored bub and had a shufty inside and came to the conclusion that it was due to scratching, i was mortified when he said "yes i can see scratch marks there and some broken blood vessels, i kind of felt a bit dirty and very embarrassed when he said that, he recommended i take an antihisthamine at night, its obvious fromthe rest of my skin that i scratch through the night so i guess i should take one.

He said the cervix is as it should be, no dilation or thinning as yet,no leaking of fluid or anything else unusual in there so i am very relieved. I still feel uncomfy down there, a bit raw and a bit of pressure when bub moves and some brownish blood but i guess its just as a resuilt of the exam and by tomorrow things will be fine.

I still have to wonder though where the hell this bit chunk of "thing" came from!!!