Thread: OMG I've got no ankles!!

Default OMG I've got no ankles!!

This is a bad day for me. I've just looked down at my feet and discovered I can't find my ankles anymore!! I've thought over the last few days that my feet were swelling and looking fatter but no ankles?????? Tis terrible. I'm not quite in the cankle category yet, so I may still have time to skull as much water as possible.

Any thoughts or tips on how to get my ankles bacK?

Reduce salt, drink lots of water (contradiction, I know, lol) and lie with your feet above your head. Not long to go though so hopefully it can help keep it from going cankle on you!

It's awful hey!! I had cankles from about 30 weeks right up until I gave birth and a few days after the birth until they went back to normal. I remember getting home and looking at my ankles and they looked so much better!!! They were back!

I drank more water, elevated my feet up each evening etc but nope nothing helped me! Hot tub of water with your feet in it sometimes helps.

Try and rest as much as you can and elevate them. And don't walk on them more than you have to... (easier said than done tho )

Good luck hope they go soon.

The best way I know of getting your ankles back is giving birth - a week or two later you'll look down one day and voila - ankles and foot bones.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I'm just now pulling up a chair to the couch so I can elevate my legs while I watch Neighbours

I already have gestational diabetes so I wonder if there is a relationship there too? I am skulling water at any opportunity, but salt has always been something I love so must try harder to reduce it. Good to hear Renstar that yours went down so fast after labour. Makes me feel a little more confident that mine will too!

I agree with brontide... giving birth is the answer. I had fluid in the feet and ankles all through the third tri & it just got worse and worse. At first if I elevated my feet at night it would go down overnight, but later on nothing would make them go down. I even had to go up a size in shoes & wear slip ons in the middle of winter as no enclosed shoes would fit.... the last week of pregnancy I couldn't even wear shoes at work..... it's not much fun that's for sure.

Oh, forgot to mention my swelling only slightly improved after giving birth & took a few weeks to gradually disappear.

i saw an osteo who recommended doing calf raises - 5 at a time, spread throughout the day. don't know if it helps further down the track but she suggested it might help with some swelling i get in my feet and ankles because i sit down for my job all day - she said it helps circulation.

but i'm guessing at some point there isn't much that will help beyond giving birth!!

I was going to say give birth too!!! I had shocking swelling for around 8weeks before Flynn's birth. I would elevate them overnight but it did not help. I darink water and all the other remedies but didn't really help. Cool baths made them feel nice
    The swelling did go down fairly quickly in the few days after he was born. I still feel like my feet are not not as petite as they used to be tho
    GL

I know there not totally in fashion but pressure stockings! I wore them at around the house when swelling was out of control and they worked really well.

Oooh I like the idea of pressure stockings. Am going into town today so will check them out.

I haven't seen my ankles for weeks.

Woke up this morning with a pudding/balloon for a face too!

Bah!