Thread: Once the head is engaged ????

Default Once the head is engaged ????

Hiya

Just wondering if anyone can tell me, is there a rough time guide once the babies head is engaged as to when you will go into labour. I know everyone is different but i had a scan on Friday and i was told that my babies head is engaged nicely. So i was just wondering does that usually mean 1 week 2 weeks 4 weeks ??????? Is there some common average time. I still have 4 weeks to go but im so excited so im kinda hoping it means sooner rather than later ( even though we cant choose a name hehehe )

Hope someone can help

Cheers
    Char :biggrin:

Hi there Char,

I don't want to dash your hopes or anything because it could be completely different for you than it was for me. My son was head down and engaged for at least the last month of pg, if not before (I've gone a little fuzzy on the details now). It's a good sign if they are in there but it might not give you any clues still as to when they are thinking of making an appearance. Apparently they can also "disengage" even once they have engaged too ... how nifty.

I think the most reliable indicator that labour is imminent might be the show. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

Four weeks still to go ... have you got that bag packed anyway? Good luck!

Hmm not sure. I know with Louis he was head down for ages and then when I had my app at 37w3d I was told that he was engaged when I sat up and he popped out when I lied down....my waters broke 2 days later....hehehe!

Percy Guest

Are you fully engaged or just partially engaged? My baby has been partially engaged since 34 weeks - well 2/4 descended - so I guess it can take a while!!

Like the other ladies have said it never is an indication..... Sorry. But just think only a few weeks to go!

Thanks for the info Ladies

BUMMER !!!! I was really hoping it was some indication that the birth was close. Im just so excited i cant wait !!hehe

Not long now i will just try and be patient

Char :biggrin: