thread: Operation: Turn That Baby

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

Operation: Turn That Baby

Bub is breech at the moment, and at 34 weeks and attempting a VBAC it makes me anxious knowing he's breech.

Midwife has showed me a technique to turn him which is pretty hard, but I'm willing to do anything.
    Also, she told me to spend lots of time on my hands and knees.
    She had a feel and said he hasn't sunk down into my pelvis yet, so that's a good sign.

Anyone got some positive stories for me?

Also, asking that everyone keeps everything crossed that Beez turns ASAP.

Thanks!

Sent via DH's iPhone, so probably doesn't make sense...

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

Good luck!
    Have you had a look at the spinning babies website? There may be more tips on there

Jan 2007

Definitely the spinning babies site, also could try acupuncture and moxibustion - I went to prenatal classes with a girl who swore by it and felt her bub turn when they were using it. They can show you where the point is and you can do it yourself at home.

May 2004
    Shepparton

My last bub was breech at 36 week... I think... Not that i was concered. Turned after I got my SI joint put back in by the chiro. So maybe take a trip to a chiro or osteo?

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010

Going to ring the chiro tomorrow, to see if they can turn a baby.
    Going to spend lots of time on my hands and knees, keeping doing the inversion technique, and lots of googling.

I find the Spinning Babies website a bit hard to use, but have been checking it out.
    I was hoping after doing the technique once last night bub would turn. He has, to a certain degree. His feet are out my left side, rather than my right. But he's still head up.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jan 2006

Hope chiro helps!

Apr 2006
    Perth

No experience Charlotte but just wanted to wish you luck that Beez turns himself the right way for you really soon.

Apr 2012

Find a chiropractor that practices the Webster technique, this is the particular technique they use to turn baby through manipulations.
    I didn't see one to turn a baby, but for other reasons and I had an absolutely amazing labour and birth.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Dec 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

I hope that Beez turns for you soon hun!

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

The best advice I can give is not to worry about it yet. Your baby still has loads of time to turn (one of my twins turned at 38 weeks and that was despite being wedged in by a second twin). The more you worry, the tenser your muscles are and the harder it will be for bub to turn. Try having a pamper day, relax in the bath, and quietly meditate picturing your baby in the head down position.

If that doesn't work then try music or ice on your belly (baby will move away from it) and remember your positioning so don't slouch in chairs and spend time on your hands and knees to give baby enough space to turn.

Good luck xx

Apr 2012

How'd you go finding a chiro?

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Swimming is great for baby spinning and also fantastic low impact exercise for you. Not to mention relaxing

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010

I was out all day yesterday so couldn't get onto the chiro.
    Bub still appears to be breech, even after doing the inversion technique and spending hours on my hands and knees.

Got a m/w appt today so maybe she has some ideas? Praying that Beez turns before the appt because the m/w I'm seeing this time is a bit dodgy, not pro-VBAC at all.

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Sep 2011

Hi there,
    My chiro told me about a baby that turned breech at 36 weeks and they managed to turn it back again. I would definately get in to see a chiro - the one that I saw with my recent pregnancy was able to keep the pelvic stability at bay (whereas, I could hardly walk by the end of my first and second pregnancies). My chiro was telling me that the ligaments from the pelvis are connected to the uterus and that sometimes these can be tight or tighter on one side etc or twisted and make it difficult for bubs to sit in a good position. She was great at loosening these up and making sure that my pelvis was in alignment and not twisting to one side.
    Also I've heard that acupuncture is meant to be great at helping to turn bubs as well.
    Hope you manage to turn bubs and get your VBAC! Best of luck

Jan 2012
    WA

Both of mine turned after 38w.. and I didnt do anything major to turn them.. my care providers were quite unconcerned both times.. sit on a fit ball rather than a couch where you might lean back i think was the most i did.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

My bub was still turning at 40 + weeks. Mel used to swear by half handstands in the shower. you still have heaps of time for bub to turn.

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010

Happy to announce that after waking up this morning feeling like somethng was going to fall out my vagina and having a sore groin all day, midwife informed me that bub is low and 100% head down.

She told me to keep spending time on my hands and knees in case bub turns back.

Thanks for all the positive vibes!!

Sent via DH's iPhone.

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

fantastic!