Thread: Out of breath in this heat!

Default Out of breath in this heat!

Is it me being completely unfit.. or is it just the fact that I'm pregnant that I only have to step out into the heat, or step into the hot rooms upstairs, and I'm panting like a dog! (well... not quite ) But seriously, I don't even have to exert myself, and I'm exhausted in this heat.

I'm bracing myself for the 43 degrees today. Tried to cool down upstairs by using fans etc to blow around the air con that we have downstairs (and the small one in the office) yesterday, but it still heated up like an oven, so I might not bother attempting it today. Just have to keep downstairs cool and sleep down there tonight.

Anyone else feeling the heat differently with the pg? I thought I was doing ok until the last couple of days.

OMG the heat is killing me!!! I think its a combination of all the extra blood flow, carring another person around all day and the body heat from the baby warming you up. In the winter when I was pregant with Yasin I only used the doona about once.

Yep me!! The heat is killing me atm and I am finding I am out of breathe more than usual, plus I don't have as much energy, like the heat is sucking it all up.

I have read it can be due to bubs restricting the amount of air you can get into your lungs too.

Hi Girls

It is normal to feel out of breath later in pregnancy. As your baby grows it leaves less room for your lungs to expand. Also the heat thing. You are right agian, more weight and more blood. Also your body is working hard to make this baby grow and thus also producing heat.

Can i join you guys too!!!! I am forever feeling like i am in oven and soooo tired. DH and DS think i am mad half the time cause i don't even feel the benifits from the air con unless i am standing right in front it ](*,) .....and needless to say it isn't helping the swollen ankles, knees and hands either. When is it going to stop??????? :-k

I feel you...not only did I get out of breath with the heat..i swelled up like nothing else. My ring, which is 1 size too big, wouldn't go past the first knuckle..lol

I seem to heat up more after eating for some reason too!

Thank Goodness the heat wave broke a bit yesterday evening and we got some rain!
    =D>

Yup... we got a southerly overnight with rain too. I'm glad it rained on the fires too... helped out the firies a lot.

Hi guys

Ivana, don't worry, not only did I feel worn out from the heat, I can't get up a flight of stairs or walk any kind of distance without feeling a bit puffed either!

I think I would die without the aircon. I do find that a cool shower helps though.

I'm finding a swim works best for me - not only is it cooling but its so nice to be able to float around like a big hippo and it seems to help the swelling that I'm starting to get (especially on hot days - ugh)