Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Over this now

Unhappy Over this now

VENTING NOW - I've finally got to the stage where I've had enough. I'm so huge it's hard to get up and down, let alone roll over in bed, my ribs are killing me and my reflux is back as DS is pushing his legs into my stomach.

On the positive side, I've had 2 CTGs this week and all is fine. The midwife who checked me yesterday couldn't feel DS's head as it is so far down and my OB said on Tuesday that my cervix was nice and ripe and dilated about 2cm. I've been taking a uterine tonic from my naturopath for about 4 weeks and having acupuncture for about 6. I had a strong treatment on Wed but no action forthcoming apart from some more twingy contractions (not BHs) several days apart.

'Everyone' swore I was going to go early as bubs was big and engaged ages ago so whilst I know that the 'average' for a first bub is still a couple of days away my patience is running short. I think I'll take to not answering the phone too as too many people keep ringing up, my dad being the worst.

I'm due to talk to my OB again first thing Monday morning if nothing has happened by then. He's being really supportive of my desire to avoid a medical induction but I sense I'll start to get some pressure by the middle of the week if nothing's doing. Being in that post-35 age bracket seems to add to the medical fraternity's sense of urgency.

Phew, feel better for having got that out. None of my SiLs or friends have gone this late so they are finding it hard to empathise. I think I'll go and have a hot shower and then try a castor oil compress (Francesca Naish recommendation) with some relaxation exercises. If nothing else, it might slow my brain down to get some decent-ish sleep.

Thanks for listening to my ranting!

blackbird, I do hope you have a nice and relaxing weekend and something happens for you soon. At least you know he's gotta come out some time! Huge labour vibes coming your way.

Hang in there, i was the same. It is worth it in the end when you will be holding your lil man..... all the best.

Oh Blackbird - I hear ya. I went over with Jenna, and everyone telling you that it will be soon is juts so unhelpful! As are all the phonecalls.
    Put the machine one, change the message to say "we will let you know when this child is born!" and ignore the world fora day or two.
    You chilling out will definitly help things along.
    It does sound like things are starting to move for you, so know that in a week or so, it will all be over!
    Its a whole different kettle of fish being late with a big belly isn't it?

What a stirling idea about not answering the phone - and I'd be taking up Fi's idea on the message - even better.

Hang in there blackbird. Sounds like all is well and your little one will come when he's good and ready. My ob starts to get nervy around 10days overdue he told me. It is such a bummer that so many people told you you would go early - all that mental preparation for a surprise and now the reverse! Grr!

How are you feeling about the possibility that you will get strongly pressured for induction if you get into next week? That must also be a bit of a mental challenge. It's something I think about quite a bit. I guess in the long run all anyone can do is try to balance between knowing what you want to do and what the ob/medicos tell you they think is best. I'm a bit worried I'm going to get overly stubborn if I get pushed around too much. (Ironically this trait of mine seems to be a hangover from being induced in the first place - LOL!)

Hope the castor oil is working.

I'll email you later about nappies... that should give you something else to think about for five minutes.

In the meantime I am sending you

!!!!LABOUR VIBES!!!!! through the ether
    Last edited by Kar; December 3rd, 2006 at 07:37 AM.

Oh you poor, poor lady
    I was a miserable mess by 38 weeks, I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling.
    Hang in there and I hope that bub gets his act together for you asap!!

Wishing you huge LVS and i hope this weekend did something to put you at ease. Maybe do some walking, massage, hot showers, if you want to try something funny when i was overdue with my DD i did star jumps and 2 days later i had her! Maybe give that a shot i am this time around again....
    Jenni

Thanks girls. My hot shower last night relaxed me at least so I felt better going to sleep. Castor oil and clary sage didn't produce any action - I guess he's just too comfy in there for now. This is all good practice for not being in control!

Still here... My ob had booked me in for gel tonight 'just in case' which I was conflicted about. I've had a filthy cough and cold since Saturday so am now feeling more miserable about that more than anything but not feeling up to labouring. Luckily my ob is keen for me to get better before moving anything along so I've now got til Sunday night unless tests show otherwise. I've just had a CTG which was all fine and will have an u/s tomorrow to check on fluid levels. This boy is definitely very comfy still so we'll see what happens...

hope you get better soon. Good luck for Sunday

Blackbird I've stopped sending you labour vibes and am now sending you get well vibes instead.

Blackbird - i went 17 days over with DS#1, so i can sympathise. Everyone told me i would go early. People should just shush!!

Sending you get well vibes too (((hugs)))

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Something I find to be really helpful with the women I support is going for a massage, I know it got my labour off to a flying start, and Cailin saw the same wonderful woman and we both ended up in labour 48 hours after that induction massage. One of my clients two weeks ago had the exact same massage, same person - labour 48 hours later. She's our very own Tracey Habron I think she uses Clary Sage and spearmint oils and something else?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Blackbird I hope you get a chance to get better before you go into labour. As much as I'm sure you want labour too it is horrible to go into being sick.

Sending you a stack of get well vibes and a heap of labour vibes that you can't cash in until your better

Blackbird - I hope labour is wonderful for you, and the cold doesn't play to big a part.
    Good luck - I went 11d over before my induction, and so I know exactly how you are feeling right now. It sucks doesn't it?
    Fingers crossed the right things start happening for you real soon.

Oooh blackbird, that almost sounds like a guarantee!! Proven track record

If nothing else you get a relaxing massage...

Hope your cold has settled down, and we can start sending some LV's your way again!

Blackbird - are you feeling any better this morning.

We had an SMS at 3.30am this morning. I thought it was you and told DP you must have had the baby... Of course then I had to get up and go to loo so I checked my mobile on my way past and was SOOOO dissapointed to find it was a junk SMS from some yahoo-email-seeking info git.

im only 28 weeks and im over it bring on feb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast