Thread: Overcooked bubs?

Default Overcooked bubs?

I'm currently 1 week overdue. They will let me go until Monday before they induce - gel Monday night if cervix is still jammed shut (stubborn thing!) and waters broken Tuesday am if it is open. I'll nearly be 2 weeks over then - what should I expect of bub? I've heard abit wrinkly and peeling skin? Is that right? What else?

Oh dear Soph, big hugs!!
    Amy was 2 weeks over & she was all wrinkly & red & after a few day her skin started to peel, BUT she was fine!!
    Hope your little fella comes sooner for you !
    Oh she also burst a blood vessel in her eye but only because she made a very fast entrance!! I don't think that was related to her being late.

Milo was 10 days over. his skin was a bit dry, and he was a bit red, but perfectly normal

When I was born, I was 28 days over. :eek:

Mum said I was very scaly, but taht after a couple of baths it all washed off! I'm a bit worried about how much she scrubbed me... he he!

I think the dry peeling skin is the main one.....Olivia looked like a bit of BBQ chook (she was 10 days over) and it peeled for a few days, but then her complexion was divine............

Zander was 8 days over and he looked fine. His skin was a little dry, but who's to say it wouldn't have been anyway!

mooshie Guest

my ds was 13 days over and he came out blue (but i believe that was from the cord being wrapped around the neck during delivery) he also came out very very dry and peeling skin along with little red dots all over him and also the bloodshot eyes - so you can imagine a long bald baby coming out blue and spotting with red eyes - not a great welcome to the world but oh so georgous now lol (i am very biased)

my ob didn't discuss induction with me at all he was happy for nature to take its course however i had to have monitoring every day to make sure ds was happy inside.

good luck

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma was 7 days overdue and was perfect. Everyone commented on how lovely her skin was. I was expecting her to be slightly overcooked!LOL!

to you Soph, I totally know how you are feeling atm matey. Declan was 2 weeks overdue. When he came out he was a little red, and his skin was peeling, esp. on his feet. I was just told to put baby oil on his skin regularly. He was fine otherwise.

Good luck with everything and I will be dying to get that message from you that bubs is in your arms.

Jenna was 11d over and didn't have any peeling skin, dry skin or wrinkles. She was absolutely perfect. She was just meant to be a 42weeker.

Matilda was 17 days overdue and only 1 tiny patch of dry skin on her palm of her right hand, everything else was normal, like Jenna... I personally think she was meant to take that long, and could have gone longer

Melinda Guest

Jacob was almost a week overdue and his skin was peeling and a bit wrinkly too, but otherwise, he was totally perfect of course!

Isobel was 2 weeks overdue & was red & wrinkly. Her skin peeled and we were told to use olive oil on her skin to moisturise her.
    Other than that, no problem!

Jesse had dry peeling skin and he was only 2 days overdue. They did say he was a week ahead all the way through so perhaps thats why also.

mum5boys Guest

All my babies were overdue,11 days,10days,10days,4 days and 2 days.
    The first three were really overcooked,they were induced and they were wrinkly and their skin was dry and peeling a few days later but they were beautiful and healthy.
    The last 2 weren't like that at all and they came on their own without being induced and they were beautiful and healthy.
    So the worst you can expect is a wrinkly, peeling, beautiful baby.
    All the best and good luck
    Michelle

Long nails is the only thing I would add to the "what to expect".