Thread: pain in pelvis

Default pain in pelvis

i dont have my appointment until thursday but wondering if any one can help me. for the last day or so my belly just above the pelvis has been sore. like i am brusied. Its not like ligiment pain or a pulled muscle but like i am brusied. it hursts to change positions does this mean baby has engaged? or is it just being a pain in my pelvis?
    thanks

Hi Chantal

Is the pain kind of in the bone or at the front of your belly? What did your dr say? I got a very bruised feeling in my pubic bone during the third tri and it was caused by the ligaments all relaxing and the pelvis not holding itself together as much as it should, rubbing, etc.

Walking became painful towards the end as the baby really dug into the pelvis as well.

i was told its the baby starting to move into the pelvis. I still some times get ligiment pain but not as much since i started using a belly belt. i get pains when i walk as well but have found out this is because baby is prosteria

Hi Chantal
    I'm not quite sure where your pain is but here is some common pains and hat causes them.
    Pubic bone: Your pubic bone has a joing in the middle of it. Later in your pregnancy your body releases a hormone called relaxin. This hormone causes all your joints to relax including the joint in your pubic bone. When you move for example turning over in bed the joint in your pubic bone moves and this can be very painful.
    Pain in belly ( about the belly button level) Usually caused by the stretching of your muscles.

Hope this helps