Thread: Pain when babies head trys to move down

Default Pain when babies head trys to move down

I have been having like shock type pains when )i think) he is trying to engage his head - or move down further....

sometimes its like a electric shock sometimes like a cramp .. i try to relax to let him do what he is trying to do .. but i find myself sort of clenching my muscles together and prehpas stopping him..

has anyone else felt this - not sure if we have nerves there that they press on or if something may be wrong with me ???????????????????????

Hi Meegm

I get this too. Mine feel like really sharp pains on my cervix, like stabbing pain, and very brief, not like BHs. And happens when bub moves down with it's head. First started for me at around 35 wks.

Little buggers aren't they Hope it's not too uncomfy.

Fire Fly Guest

Yep i get it to. Cramps in the pelvis and at the moment i have a constant ache in my right pelvis area. I find it most annoying at night. It will all go away soon.....when you delivery lol. Wait until he is really engaged. sorry

Yeah mine is worse at night aswell like when i sit down to rest.

Oh god i cant wait for this stage to be over............ come on 6 weeks........

Fire Fly Guest

LOL, im with you. Bring it on. Im so over being pg and im not even carrying big.

betty.boop1 Guest

I get this all the time at night, well usually around the 3am mark and it doesnt go away for ages. Gosh, I think we just all cant wait to see our little ones. goodluck everyone

i am so with you there .......

Yep, feels like an electric shock in the cervix to me, takes your breath away doesn't it?
    I'm hoping it is part of the engaging process, so trying to view it as positive and helpful.....

Hmmmmm ..... I wish!!!! My little cherub is still sitting / lying in his hammock with his head under my ribs on the right side and his bottom out my left side. Not a nice sensation when his head grinds on my ribcage!! OUCH!!! But then again, maybe I should be grateful for not having cervix pain yet

Angela80 Guest

Hi - I'm getting the same pains too. A terrible, shock-like electric pain that shoots from my cervix all the way down my thighs. Following that my uterus tightens up and I get bad lower back pain followed by cramps. This has been happening numerous times each day (not in a pattern) for nearly two months now.

My doctor says the baby should be coming this weekend. If not, I'll be induced on Wednesday. I think what's happening is the pre-labour?? But the pain is debilitating and sometimes feels worse than a normal contraction.

Good luck with it all ladies!

And i instanly tighten everything up so i feel im stopping him form moving down...so hard to try and relax when i feel this pain...

Fire Fly Guest

Not long now girls, it will all be worth it soon. Then the pain comes in the boobs, Lol.

I am totally with you on that ladies... experiencing exactly the same def over the past 2 weeks which has been since midwife has told me baby has been engaged!! Good luck to you all... not long now till we will have what we have been waiting for. xXx