Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parties, weddings,functions.

Lightbulb Parties, weddings,functions.

Hello girls,

In the next 2 months I have so much on its hard to make it to everything. I am very close to the 3rd trimester and dont know if I can make it to the events because I dont know how I will feel. I think weddings are the hardest because they was easily RSVPs.

Could any of you girls give me any pointers? Should I turn up and leave earily?

When is it about the time you just couldnt be stuffed?

I have a wedding this weekend in Echuca and its gunna be 30 something deg, and it going to be starting later at 3 pm. Does anyone have any ideas to help with the tiredness and heat????????
    Last edited by 2 please; November 15th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

I am sure your family and friends would understand. go to some.. maybe for the weddings just go the actual wedding... and skip the reception..

I went to a wedding once at 24 weeks pregnant and I was so stuffed.. and that was my first,, i am finding the heat is really taking it out of me at the moment so I just decline invitations to go places

I had two cousins decline my wedding invitation when they were in late pregnancy and I completely understood even though I had never been pregnant. Now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant I totally understand why they couldnt make it. You need to look after yourself and bubs. I went out to a work function for my DH last weekend (and I was home by 11pm so it wasnt tooooo late) and it took me 3 days to recover so your body does react differently when pregnant. I agree with Aussienic and if you have already RSVP'd, just go to the ceremony and see how you feel. There is nothing wrong with leaving the reception at 8pm after making a token appearance.

You may also find your energy levels increase in the third trimester. I have great bursts of energy (although they don't last long LOL!). The only thing that really stops me is just the physical discomfort (like sitting all night in one chair), oh and finding something to wear!!!! LOL

definetly finding something to wear!!! Thats hard at the bbest of times

I had 4 Weddings, some hens nights, & so on in my 2nd & 3rd Trimester. I just think about the event itself, will you be able to sit down & so on, ex hens night on a bus, home late....not for me. With the Weddings as they were close to my due date etc I just went to the ceremony & not the receptions. One Wedding I went to both Ceremony & Reception & stuck it out til 12....thought that was a good effort. If it's something that you can get away without an RSVP & just rock up if you feel like it then I would do that also. Though as someone said, you don't always feel as tired. I actually never really slowed down myself.

Yes clothing is horrible and is very expensive. I found a dress I actually liked without making me feel like a whale but it cost $180

OK kitchen tea.... yes you can sit! I gave the Hen's night a miss too!

Wedding is tomorrow and we have antenatal class in the morning... will take it as it comes and if i get tired.. i'm not embarrassed to take my leave! They will understand!

As for clothes! YES that is an issue... dresses are expensive... So i bought a nice top to go with a pair of black pants i have and flat shoes and off i go!! LOL

don't stress, take each event as it comes... if you are tired.. go home early!

I went to a wedding when I was 36 weeks pregnant and it was a 40 degree day - not nice! Just took it pretty easy, definitely no dancing on tables and headed off when I got tired. I also had a couple of concerts and the Hopman Cup tennis in the last trimester. It wasn't tiredness that I found the hardest to deal with, but getting comfortable in those horrible plastic chairs!

I went to a conference at 26 weeks and another one overseas at 28ish weeks, went to a wedding at 25 wks no worries (no dancing though). Another pregnant lady came for the ceremony then headed off which I thought was a good idea (she was 39 wks and the reception was on a boat).

Oh, and I found a fantastic stunning comfy dress at a shop in Melbourne which I used for all these occasions and more for only $95, I wore it also for our first night out without baby when I was still in hospital. PM me if you want to know where I bought it.

I went to a Wedding the day Charlie was due....it was a 1.5hr drive from home & hosp too. But I thought if I went it might bring the labor on LOL. Clothing doesn't have to be expensive. Lucky for me, or unlucky depends what way you look at it.....but I didn't get way too huge so could wear lots of normal stuff just in larger sizes. Elastic waisted skirts are great. The current summer fashion is great for pregnant women ATM too, infact some things i've tried on I haven't bought as I've thought they made me look pregnant. Target was my fav shop!

If you're planning on just going to the ceremony and not reception - make sure you let the bride and groom know ASAP. usually the numbers at the ceremony are irrelevant to how much they have to pay but they pay per head for the reception so they might be annoyed to pay for you when you were never planning on going to the reception...
    Generally you have to give final numbers to reception places in the last couple of weeks before the event so it's not too late to let them know if you plan to skip the reception.
    Just my $0.02!

I hosted my girlfriends hens night when I was 37 weeks!! Luckily it was a nice dinner out and then ****tails and no dance on the table shenanigans!! I was meant to be bridesmaid, pregnant or with baby - turns out baby came on the day of the wedding!
    I love weddings though so I think I would go either way - whether it was my close friend or not!
    Clothing is hard to find but not impossible and if you get tired and have to leave early or even have a little nap somewhere -people are very forgiving when you are huge and pregnant! I went to one when I was 24 weeks - so not that big but my feet had swollen to enormous levels from 16 weeks so I had to wear thongs to the wedding and sit with my feet up half the night ! Good look but nobody minded!
    Good luck!

just a thought if you do go to the reception make sure you let bride and groom know that you wont be having alcohol. At our wedding we paid for the alcohol package for all our guests and had 2 pg ladies and 2 over 85yos who didnt drink. If we had thought or some1 had told us we could have jsut paid for a soft drink package for the 4 of them abd saved almost $200. My sister learnt from us and as i was BF at her wedding she only paid for softdrinks etc for me (i still had 1-2 drinks throughout the night with the speeches etc. I would understand if a heavily pg friend declined the reception but would like some effort so maybe at least going to ceremony etc. I guess it really depends on how close you are to ppl having the events etc

at the start of my third tri i organised my sisters hens night and then was bridesmaid at her wedding.. it took alot out of me.. but i enjoyed it..

i am finding now that i want to get out of the house more before this baby comes.. so i am accepting all invitations that come my way lol..

My only tip is, I've had a few wedding ect. to go to and as for what to wear.....i brought one of those maxi dresses from target for $50. Really comfy and cheap

I have posted a new question up the top, maybe you might be able to help.
    Last edited by 2 please; November 15th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.

Make sure you take your own camping chair, with a drink holder! that way no matter what you will have a seat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast