Thread: peeing when sneezing

Default peeing when sneezing

im pretty sure ive said this before, but its starting to annoy me now, i was out in the city this afternoon doing some shopping and chloe had been kicking me low down for awhile, and sure enough i sneezed and wet myself a little.. was so embarrsed, there were no toilets close by either so i had to walk funny ( as i was starting to get chaffing and the wet feeling didnt make it any better

anyone else having problems?

LEsley

Awww Lesley you poor thing. Hope you managed to find a toilet pretty quick. I haven't had that problem just yet, touch wood!

*Megan* Guest

Hi Lesley

Sorry to hear about your accident - but yes this happens to me! It is never a lot.....but enough to make me a little concerned! I have always had a fairly weak bladder...but being pregnant is making it worse! I am worried after the birth and what will happen.....

Megan

colleeg Guest

Default peeing when sneezing

Lesley
    I have experienced the same thing, normally it happens if i have a full bladder or lots of hayfever & in small amounts but its something that makes you feel yuk! and the Chaffing has been driving me nuts too, good thing when you are at home to change so you dont get the irritation. Also keep up the pelvic floor exercises to strengthen your muscles aroudn that area.
    O Colleeg

Girls...DO YOU PELVIC FLOORS!!!! I had severe hayfever when PG because I couldn't take my normal allergy stuff & once I started doing my pelvic floor exercises daily I didn't leak at all....

Good luck!!

Lesley, I get that too, all the time. I have a weker bladder even when not PG. When I had morning sickness it was a nightware, everytime I heaved, I wet myself too!

Have just got some tips from Sarah re pelvic floor's so am going to start trying to remember to do them!

im always doing my pelvic floor excersises , yet its still happening i do them everday, even more so during boring patches at work i dont leak when not pregnant, i leaked with josh a little and now again a little.. but iam doing my pelvic floor excersises i promise! and ive been doing them how sarah has posted on the proper way..

i did have an operation on my bladder when i was a little girl, so maybe pregnancy is putting way more strain on it then its supposed to then other normal women are during pregnancy and im just destined to wee myself when i sneeze

at least i know im not alone
    thanks
    Lesley

LOL sorry to sound so scary... I just saw how I typed that! Lesley any operation can weaken the muscle its performed on so the bladder would be weaker due to that...