Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Period cramps and back pains

Default Period cramps and back pains

I know I've been asking alot of stupid questions lately - thanks for putting up with me, I'm kinda in unknown territory these last few weeks.

Tonight I'm getting period type cramping about every ten minutes, with some back pain. The back pain is gradually getting a little stronger but the period cramps aren't yet.

Is this another attack of BH's - just a different type??? I'm lost - you'd think I'd know by now after having two kids, but I never had labour/delivery with them.. I had c-sections.

Just keep monitoring it... If the regularity increases and the pain increases then I'd say call the hospital and talk to midwives... it could be the real thing!

How are they going? I would monitor them aswell as they could the start of something big, a call or visit to the hospital might be in order if they continue or if they get worse. How far along are you?

Morning ladies!

Well they went on for about three hours last night, slowly getting down to about 7 minutes apart before I got cranky and tired and had to go to bed (was almost midnight at this point)

I've had an awful case of diarehha this morning, and nausea - almost to the point of throwing up, so it's either a tummy bug (which I'm still unsure of, I haven't felt sick for about 2 hours now) or something WAS happening, most likely BH. I was awoken during the night 3 times with the pains in my tummy - but nothing seems to be happening now - cept the occasional cramp here and there.

I thought i'd also add that when the pains were getting closer together, the pains/cramping in my back was getting a little stronger - esp. after getting up to pee and walk around the house a little.

I wish we had a crystal ball so we could look into it and know what was going on and when we'd have our babies LOL

My labours both times i had the runs.. it was the start of it for me!!!

Keep moniting yorself, maybe get some rest and if any doubts call the hopsital.. how far along are you??

I'm 34 weeks - and thanks, I'll def. keep an eye on it - not doing anything today except resting and loving my kiddo's

where you early with either of your other kids??

DD was 13 days late and i had to have a section with her.
    DS I had threatened PTL with him at 27 weeks, and ended up with a c-section at 39 weeks, so I've never had my kids early, but my son certainly tried. I was on pills until 37 weeks with him, to stop contractions.

I am assuming you are trying for a VBAC?

Hi there
    No, not allowed to attempt a VBAC - though I'd love to. I'm really worried about turning up to the hospital (30 minutes away) to be told that the pains I've got are nothing, so I wanted to stay at home til i was certain something was going on.

good plan.. Have you called the hospy to let them know what is happening.. are they going to try and stop labour ..

all the best,, and going out for a while but ill check this thread when i get back!

I will call them later if they're still around (the pains) when hubby is home from work at 2.30.

I was told that they don't stop labour at our hospital at 35 weeks, so I'm guessing they'll try to stop them at this stage. Part of me selfishly is hoping this is the beginning of something - as much as I want my baby to be healthy - I'm not enjoying being pregnant - but I'd rather stay uncomfortable for his/her health.

I guess it's a waiting game - I left the computer for a bit to do a teeny bit of washing and get something to eat and they pains are still there, though they are mild. Who knows! Anyone psychic ? LOL

How is everything??? any news?

Not much to update Annie, but thanks for thinking of me

Pressure and pain up inside is a little more - pains are still hanging around, though easy to ignore if I'm busy, I just vacuumed an got two rapid pains, at the top of my uterus.

I don't think it's anything now - Oh well

Just a quickie update - I called the midwife and she wants me to come in and get checked. she said at 34 weeks, they wont stop labour but who knows what's going to happen. My luck, they'll stop when i get there and i'll look like an idiot!

Good luck, look forward to hearing how you go!!!!

Oh, any news????? is babe in arms??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast