Thread: period like pain in 3rd tri?

Default period like pain in 3rd tri?

was just wondering if anyone else has had period like backache in the third tri? i am almost 33 weeks now, and for the last week i have had a lot of AF pain.

could this mean anything or is it normal to start feeling pains like this already? its not super painful or anything, just enough to make me wonder....

any help would be appreciated!!

Linda

Linda - maybe it's BH contractions? I know they say these are usually painless or just feel "tight" but I've heard some people describe them as you have... I haven't felt anything like that personally so not sure. Is it constant or in bursts?

i dont think it is BH, as i have had them a few times and my entire tummy just goes hard, no pain at all, for 1-2 minutes, then it stops. this is more of a constant pain, or at least for a few hours at a time?

Linda

It sounds like bubby might be engaging into the pelvic region. I was about your stage when things started to get uncomfortable and Hendrix started to engage at about that stage too. You'll find out at your next appointment how your baby is positioned but they can move in and out right up till the birth

Hi Linda,

I am a bit further along than you (38w) but the last few days I have been getting period-like backaches too. I just assumed they were due to the excessive pressure baby is placing on that area and that perhaps I wasn't sitting in a comfortable enough position ... so far this morning I am fine though.

I'm going to ask my OB about it at my next appt on Wednesday.

Hope yours are getting better ...

Pearl

MandaB Guest

Hey Linda...

I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing the same period like pain, this is what i read on a website with the about your body preparing for birth...You may notice An increase in the frequency and discomfort of Braxton Hicks contractions. You may have started feeling these irregular and generally mild "practice" contractions much earlier in your third trimester. But at some point in the days or weeks before labor begins, they usually start to become somewhat more intense. Or instead you may notice a crampy premenstrual-like feeling.

Hope it might help.
    Amanda

thanks for your advice girls. it must be as you said and because bub is starting to engage. when i went to the dr last week he wrote on my card that bub is 2/5 engaged. dont really know exactly what that means, but i guess it is starting to engage and explains the back pain,

thanks again,

Linda