Thread: Period type pain?!

Question Period type pain?!

Hi girls...the last few days I've been having the occasional bout of period type pain...it's not for very long or very often but I'm wondering if it is anything. I'm 34 weeks along and on Saturday night I had the tiniest bit of blood too. The 'period' type of pain I'm getting is like mild cramps but my legs are all wobbly too (like when you are going to faint)... Any ideas?? I'm not worried, just curious.

skorpy Guest

If you have had a show of blood,i would call your midwife and just let them know whats happened,they may just want you to go in and monitor you....with you being 34 weeks you never know it could be the start of early labour,or several things.Not meaning to worry you or anything.

Thanks Skorpy - I don't have a midwife (how would I get one?) but I do have an OBGYN who is VERY hard to get hold of. I do have an appointment with him scheduled for Thursday though. Perhaps I could just phone the hospital to talk to a midwife there. Early labour was the only thing I thought of but bubs is moving like normal and I haven't had any other symptoms or anything.

skorpy Guest

Yes ,phone Labour ward,even though you are not in Labour they are very good to talk too and may even ask you to go in to check you over....very helpful

Yes i also think it's a very good idea to call the hospital...u should find them very helpful ad then u'll have peace of mind. Good luck

Thanks girls. I finally got hold of my OB (well, his secretary) and he said to wait for my appointment today so I guess I'll know more this afternoon... Some friends have told me that the period type pain was what they got before their labour started...wowee! Still 5 weeks to go yet...hehe...

skorpy Guest

Period type pains can be normal in pregnancy,i get them too.lets hope not for you. 34 weeks isnt terribly early,but best for bubs to stay in there as long as possible

Have a look on the main site at the Early Labour Signs article as well, they could help you get some idea of where you might be

Thanks again girls! I saw the doctor today and he said that the cramps are a likely because bubs is so low down inside...he wasn't worried at all and now I feel so much better about it all... He also said that bubs isn't ready to come out just yet...hehe...