Thread: Pillow arrangements please?!

Red face Pillow arrangements please?!

Ok ladies, your help please!
    I've just hit the 30 week mark and starting to get uncomfortable in bed. Now I know pillows are supposed to help get you comfortable but nothing I'm trying is working!
    I've got the one between the knees and I have an extra one under my head - but lately my lower back is aching and I can't find a way to counter that.

Can I please have all of your wonderful suggestions on how you arrange/arranged your pillows (include shapes and sizes) to get comfortable (or am I kidding myself and comfy is no longer on the menu?).

Thank you kindly in advance...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Lots of women love the Body Pillow - got mine from Target years ago for $20 I think? It's a body length pillow you can wrap yourself around
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Yep - Luurve the body pillow!!! Cuddle the top, middle part under the tummy and bottom part between the legs. Sometimes an extra pillow keeping the legs apart can decrease lower back pain.

Hi Betty,
    I was the same in my last trimester of pregnancy. It felt like NO position was comfortable to sleep in. I found that lying on my side and putting a couple of pillows behind me and slightly leaning back on them with a pillow under my belly to support bub was pretty good. It seemed to take the pressure off my back a little bit. Also the one between the knees is great too to stop your pelvis tilting too much.

Hope that helps!

Lorin Guest

I put a real thin soft pillow under my belly while lieing on my side and a thick one behind my back so i have support to lean on. My partner doesnt really have much room in there but he knows where the spare bed is. HAHAHA only joking.

Silvi Guest

My other half bought me a preggy pillow, it's just like a body pillow but one side is curled the other is l shaped...it provides great support for my back and stomach..but I find that if I put it between my legs I get cramps at night...it might be because it's thick...

He bought it at Toys'R'Us for $70....but I'm sure you can find alternatives...

I bought the same one as Silvi and love it! I find that I need the back support, as well as under my head and between my legs. I know Pillow Talk have something similar to that one. I've also found that sometimes I just can't get comfy in my own bed, so I try another bed or sit in my rocking chair with a pillow behind me and that will often work as well.
    good luck

Anatu Guest

My DH brought be 2 body pillows from Target on special for $24 with a pillow case. as work collegue had recommended. they are about $25 at spotlight without a case. i find one in front of me and one behind with a normal pillow to put head on is great.

can turn over then without wrestling to the other side and allows pillow between knees or put knees over whilst supporting the back. also for belly and shoulders.

Anatu Guest

Just noticed on the Target catalogue that they have 30% of pillows from tomorrow.

Hope its ok to write that.

When DH brought mine was on sale.

A body pillow if great! i have used it the whole time. mine cost about $20. wish i thought about getting a second one so when i role at night i have another behind me so i dont have to wake to move it.

BODY PILLOW - from Spotlight....funny thing is the cover was more expensive than the pillow.

I have 2 pillows under my head...

My body pillow on my left hand side...as thats the side I mostly sleep on.

A couch throw cushion on my right hand side for my back and hip.

If i roll over, I kinda still tuck my legs under the body pillow, as I have it shaped like a question mark...and i stick the couch cushion under my knee.

I still wake with hip pain..and its an olympic event now to change sides.

Ladies, you're wonderful - thankyou!
    So much fab advice and it seems the body pillows are the way to go - two in fact it would seem, cos I am finding it a hassle to try and wrestle the pillows under the blankets to the other side when I turn over (ever increasing frequency due to numbness... ahhh gotta love it).
    Anatu - thanks for the heads up on the Target sale!
    Thanks again ladies,
    Betty

*bump* Ouchies!!! Sleep sucks atm...

I was a 4 pillow girl.
    One under the head, one each side of me, and one between my legs.
    I think I took up more than my half of th bed.......

I sleep with two pillows under head, body pillow on left hand side (hugging it with it between my knees) and a normal pillow on my right hand side for flipping over onto. I seem to spend most of the night on the left hand side so don't need an additional body pillow. They are great! At almost 36 weeks though, I also find turning over an Olympic event and it hurts!!! 4 weeks to go.....