Thread: pitting odema ?

Default pitting odema ?

umm :eek: just freaking out a tad i have had swelling all through this pregnancy and everytime i see a doctor / midwife they press my ankles ... anyway i have noticed today and lastnight that (the tops of) my feet have taken impressions from the crinkly wood on the veranda when i sat out there and when i press my feet they leave dimples ...
    this isnt good it it should i maybe call the hospital ??

thankyou caro
    i feel a little dizzy and my eyes are a bit puffy ( i spoke to the midwife and she said mostly look out for your eyes) but im sure it is just from lack of sleep...
    omg i wish we had a pool but we live in tassie LOL and it is a rental house so no
    apart from that i feel ok i think its ok thanks again

i am like 10 mins walk from the beach ... but 10 mins walk right now is 10 mins too much a friend is comming to watch T for me so i can put my legs up

Jess - I have pitting edema too. Lovely isn't it? Try and keep your legs as elevated as much as you can, preferably above heart level when lying down and aboe hip level when sitting.
    Have you got any other symptoms? When was the last time you had your BP done and was it normal? Is the weather very hot over there? Like you, I've had edema consistently since getting PG but it is MUCH worse on hot days or days where I spend a LOT of time on my feet. Just standing to cook dinner tonight has made them look freakish!

MG

Melinda Guest

I had very bad swelling like that whilst PG with Jacob. It was fluid retention in a big way. The heat would definitely be making it worse (it's shocking today!).

Unless you have other symptoms, it's totally fine.