Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Placental deficiency.

Thanks kathryn! Thats a relief to know that your boys were a good weight when born.Millana was 7pounds 4 ounces and was 5 days overdue.I just think we have small babies and there is nothing wrong.She was kicking me enough last nite to tell me she was nice and healthy.Thanks again.

Goof Guest

Hi,

Just wanted to say that my DD was born 6 weeks premmie because of this.

They watched me over a two week period and decided that she wasn't growing and was better off on the outside.

I was induced and she was 3.5pound (1.5k) when she was born. Spent around 20 days in special care nursery and is now a thriving one year old. Y ou cannot tell that she was premmie at all.

So at 38weeks, i'm sure your bubba is going to be fine......

Good luck

Caddie in my last pregnancy I had alot of testing done as Lachlan was headed down the same path and they did discover that I have a gene abnormality. My body doesn't break down stuff properly to help nourish the baby. They have had me on meds to try and combat it with this pregnancy but it hasn't worked.

So yep we are just blessed with birthing perfectly fine small babies

Love

Thats interesting kathryn that your body does that.What is it called? Id like to read about it.
    The drs appointment went well but i have to have a scan next week.Looks like i will be having them weekly! $175 each time,lucky i get some back on medicare as money is abit tight at the moment.
    The dr reckons ruby will weigh about 51/2 pounds when born but i reckon she will becloser to 6pounds.He just wants to monitor and let her grow! The only downside is that when i do have the baby i will have to be monitored more closely and i wanted to be free to walk around and stuff

Hey Caddie

I have a MTHFR gene disorder. It is pretty complex, but this is basically what my ob told me when they first discovered it with me. - http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ead.php?p=3423

Love

Wow that is interesting.I have never heard of that.Can the clots and stuff happen anytime or whilst only pregnant?

They can happen at anytime Caddie. When I birthed Lachlan I had alot of clots, so much so even the midwife commented. I also passed alot of clots after the birth.

But yeah I have to be careful of clots as I get older as well.

Love

Scary! I hope in the future you dont get any kathryn!

Hey Caddie - that's good news from you. I've been checking to see when you posted. Hope everything goes really well.

Kathryn - That's interesting about your gene. Mum also has a thrombophilia gene (the syndrome is Factor V Leiden) which causes blood clots. We didn't find this out until recent years but if they had known that then, they might have known what would happen with her pregnancies.

I had my scan today and she has only put on 80g this week.They say she weighs 5pound or thereabouts.Amniotic fluid down but still within the limits and placental function remains the same.The u/s dr said she may have to be born this week but i will wait and see what my OB says as he is looking after me afterall.So just a waiting game really!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12