Thread: please explain

chenaliyah Guest

Question please explain

I had my weekly check up and the doctor had written in my book that i am 2/5 above rim, does anyone know what this means. Finally the head has gone down and he said after you lose your mucus plug that you can go into labour any time from then on.

Hello,
    If its what I think it is thats how they tell how far down baby is moving there are 5 stations when you're not in labour, I was 3/5 from 34 weeks and didn't go any further until I went into labour. The lower the number the lower bubs is
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by 2girlz; July 16th, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

chenaliyah Guest

Thanks for that, i had no idea. So does this mean i could go any time?

Yeah, you just have to talk to bubs now and arrange a suitable time

paradise lost Guest

Imagine your pubic bone (behind your pubic hair). Now think of your bubs head sinking into the pelvic inlet, the front of which is your pubic bone. Now divide bubs head into fifths, so just the top is 1/5th, half way to the ears is 2/5ths, at the ears is 3/5ths, etc. At 5/5ths the baby's head is so low in the pelvis it cannot be felt from outside anymore. In most mums this happens during labour.

2/5ths above brim means bubs is 3/5ths in your pelvis. That's pretty low - you're good to go. My DD's head was still 3/5ths above brim when i went into labour

Bx

chenaliyah Guest

Thanks for that i had no idea. now i suppose i just have to wait. I wonder if i go walking every night that it might get lower? I am so ready for this.

lol lulu!! u crack me up hehehe

Engagement. I think DD1 got to 4/5 engaged 3 days before labour started, but neither of the other 2 engaged til labour. Not even 1/5.