Thread: position of baby

maggie Guest

Default position of baby

HI

Well i am 29w and i have been reading diff forums, and so many gals seem to know what posi their babies are in, from one day to the nxt

Should i know this? can you feel it. whenever i feel my belly , just feels like one big lump, and i get kicks and movement from all angles

Hey Maggie, don't worry if you can't tell where bubs is. A lot of things can influence how easy it is to feel, like where the placenta is and stuff. At 27-30 weeks I couldn't really tell much either, not until a few weeks later and they started getting bigger IYKWIM? By the end I could tell exactly where their back was, their feet, their bottom (usually pressed against my ribs LOL) and I could feel their head shape too.

In a few weeks you should be able to distinguish a bit better, especially once bubs gets head down and stays that way. But again, don't worry if you can't.

I'm 25 weeks and last night i knew how bub was laying by the way he was kicking me. He was head down but diagonal across my belly. I could feel feet kicking up the top and a head bouncing down the bottom. I think he is usually head down as i don't feel movements down low and only up near my ribs.

With DD i never knew until the end and then i could feel where her back, legs and bum was.

I can usually tell with this baby but I couldn't with my first - even near the end with her I could really only tell which side she was lying on all the time because I kept getting stretch marks on one side only

This bub flips about every second day or so - when he is head down I feel him kicking up higher, when he's breech I either don't feel much at all, or I feel the kicks very very low and nothing up higher.

Fee Guest

I'm 37 weeks and I can't really tell what is what! I only know certain things from what my OB says. Bubs has been head down for ages now, with his back to my right hand side. And he's been engaged since 35-36 weeks. I get weird lumps and movements on all sides!

I've had two babies and couldn't tell you what way either was lying!!! I was either being headbutted or kicked under my ribs, but could never work out which!! xo

I asked my OB how he could tell at one of my appointments so he gave me a belly feeling lesson. Now I know more or less what bit is what of my bub. I feel for the head and take it from there.