Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread

bruky Guest

lol Katie...I'm not game with the castor oil...would be interesting to hear if anyone else has used it...I know its been used for years to bring on labour but YUKKO and then YUKKO if ya get the runs through labour....lol

Katie - a midwife at my hospital was saying yesterday that it does bring on the runs and can often have you with the runs during labour!
    Urgh, no thanks!

kirsty Guest

Oh Bruky I was hoping to pop on here today & find you not around I was so hoping you'd be off having bubs.

Guys I was just having a squizz on the main page & found this article here with some tips about how to maybe help labour get started. HTH someone even just a little bit

:-k I think i will wait 8-[ I really dont want to have the runs whilst in labour if i can avoid it! I'll try to be patient.

I have another Obs appointment tomorrow morning, hopefully i wont need to go, but im feeling fine at the moment.

Another thing with the caster oil is that it can make the baby pass meconium, so i wouldn't be trying it.

bruky Guest

**still here**

Its going to monday thats my bet 8-[

kirsty Guest

Bruky I hope you don't make it to Monday [-o<

My guess is Friday.

Had another appointment today. Obs said that she will book me into the hospital to be induced 10 days after my due date. So that would be, Thursday the 23rd Feb. But she said that most likely i wont last that long, as most women she has seen in my case dont need to be induced. Hopefully i fit into that "most women" group.

Internal, nothing had really changed since Monday and she checked my fluid again, and its still clear. So I have made another appoinment for Friday morning.

So now im 2 days past EDD. Oh, and Mbear was due today (15th), and Apple is due tomorrow (16th). Hope they join us, actually, i should say i hope they dont need to join us!

bruky Guest

I hope you are right Kirsty [-o<

praying for tomorrow...lol

kirsty Guest

I am sending loads of ~labour vibes~ for you for tomorrow Bruky.

Also labour vibes to anyone else who needs them.

bruky Guest

Still got pains cmoning...had a small show just now too...its getting closer now

kirsty Guest

Woohoo Bruky, hope the pains get stronger & you are in labour before you know it.

Bruky - you MUST be in labour by now or well and truly have had your bubba! How exciting.

Well, I am now officially overdue, well the baby is anyway.
    Appt on Monday with my OB, which I am looking forward to... he will book me in for an induction, and I am going to ask him about accupuncture to bring this baby on, as I think he has someone he recommends.
    Would like to avoid an induction as much as possible!!

So is it me, Katie and Mbear in here now?

Bruky's little angel, Katie Jayne has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl
    Bruky had a baby girl this afternoon! Katie Jayne born at 3.37pm, super fast labour, no drugs, no tearing, baby weighed 8lb 9oz and both Mum and bub are doing well.
    Well done Bruky!

I, on the other hand, am still waiting. I tried the Castor Oil last night, it didnt work (obviously!). I had an appointment this morning, CTG was fine, no contractions. Ultrasound showed Ben to be fine, the placenta is aging (as it does when you are over). But thats normal. Everything else is ok.

I have to have a CTG on Sunday at the local Gyno (not my Gyno), who does after hours. Then I have to go to the hospital on Monday to be put on a drip, to start contractions. My Obs said that i might be told to go home, or they might want me to stay, depending on how Ben reacts to the contractions.

IF i go home, then i have to return on Tuesday to my Obs... and then will be booked into the hospital on Thursday to be properly induced. On Thursday i will be 10 days overdue.

This is all so scary for me. I somehow feel like Ive failed. I KNOW its normal to go overdue... But i just hate being in this position, waiting waiting waiting. All these medical things are happening, and i feel like i have no control over anything. Im so glad i have done my reading, and researched everything... But being in a country where i feel lost and confused half the time just doubles my anxiety. Its just awful not being able to understand 100% of what is said to me.

Well, enough of that. How are you other ladies going? Or have you left me all alone in the world of "over 40's?"

Katie - it does all sound very drawn out, but I suppose they want to give you the best chance of going into labour naturally rather than inducing??

I'm still here with you... I actually don't 'feel' overdue, but am ready to have this baby!

I dont feel "overdue" either. Its kinda hard or me to realise that i will be having this child in the next 5 or 4 days! wow. And that next weekend i will most likely definately have my baby boy in my arms. Scary thought. But exciting of course!

Apple, how is your dh handling the whole overdue wife thing? I love the extra attention i get from my dh! i think he is freaking out a little bit, but arent we all?

Still here

Hubby is doing ok, though if I mention anything about a niggle I feel, he looks a little worried!

kirsty Guest

Woohoo to Bruky!!

Now here's hoping you other lovely ladies aren't too much longer away.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast