Thread: In postion for birth

colleeg Guest

Default In postion for birth

this may relate to the breech stroy however, how long does a baby stay in the birth postion or when should it turn around?

im 31 weeks and the naby is in the right position, i just wonder from everyones experience how likely is it that they will move to breech postiona & move back?

Colleeg

Debbie Lee Guest

At 39 weeks, Little Nobba is in the right position but still not engaged (which is apparently unusual for first time babies). I think bubs was still head up until 36 weeks from memory.

My bub was head down from about 28 weeks on and started engaging at 33 weeks.

bubs has been head down since my 19 wk scan dunno when she turned to face that way, and last appointment was 32 wks and she was 2/5ths engaged..

take care
    Lesley

OMG, so at my next appointment on thursay, I will be 31.5 weeks and Jackson could have started engaging? That is a strange thought!!, once they engage can they unengage, or is there no turning back from that point?

My little boy has been head down since 29 weeks but with a floating head but I`m sure the last few days he`s dropped even further not sure if he`s engaged as yet will find out next Tuesday at my 34 week appointment, OB did tell me they don`t normally engage until 36 weeks but every baby is different.

Min - I`m not sure if they can unengage once they have engaged, hopefully someone will point us in the right direction there.

Take Care

Deeanne

I was told during my last pregnancy that they do engage and unengage right up to birth..

take care
    Lesley