Thread: pram & carseat

maggie Guest

Default pram & carseat

Hi, when did everyone buy their pram, and also have their carseat put in to their car? thanks

We bought our carseat and pram at the same time, around 6 months. We put the car seat in when I finished work so about a month before Miss M came along. It's all very exciting isn't it!

With the first I laybyed everything together when I was 20 weeks and picked it up when I was 34 weeks.
    The car seat went into the car a week before bub was due.

Have had a pram for a while....got a great one off ebay for about one fourth of the price....worth looking into if I were you....haven't got the carseat yet...

We had the car seat put in really early, maybe around 32-33 weeks I think. I was paranoid that bub would come early and the seat wouldn't be installed. As it turns out it was probably only in a little over a month before bub arrived. Pram we got during a previous PG.

We lay-byed pram and carseat at around 13 weeks, picked it all up at around 20 weeks I think.

I will get the car seat installed when I finish work...

??? Where do you get them installed????

We bought our pram at about 6 months and as it was our first bub and we were excited, we had it assembled from then too.....With the car seat, Shane was so worried that they'd bring out a new model if we bought it to soon, we got it in the last week before the bub arrived and it was intsalled after he was born by the RTA guy stationed at the hospital on the day we took him home. This time around we'll do the same withe car seat, only shane knows what he's doing now installing it.

Melissa, we got our car seat installed by the approved child restraint fitter at RACT. I'm sure they'd have someone who'd be able to do it at RACV too.

Melissa, contact the RACV. I use to work for them and if you are in the country you will need to go to the depot in your area. This will be the place who does the call outs when you break down.

We bought our pram and car seat about 2 weeks ago, so when I was at about 30 weeks along. We got the car seat fitted a week or so ago by a certified car seat fitter...it took about 10 minutes and costed $10 per car seat. I asked the local council family day care centre for where to get them fitted.

My parents bought my pram for us when i was around 20 weeks. Car capsule my sister gave me, not in the car yet.. will be buying a proper car seat after bubs is born.. hopefully in the sales.

We bought our pram off Ebay, really cheap! I laybyed the carseat at around 20 weeks and picked it up about 3 weeks ago, not in the car yet. We haven't decided when to put it in, suppose we should do it soon though!

We just picked the car seat up from layby (30 weeks), and I think DH is going to have a shot at putting it in. I'll get him to do it early enough so that if it just doesn't work, we have time to pay someone to make it work for us!

1st time around we put our pram on lay-by at aroumd 25 weeks and got it out at around 35 weeks. My mum bought our car seat at around 30 weeks. We got it installed about 2 weeks before my due date. This time we'll be buying the pram after bub is born and bub will be having Lily's car seat, so we are buying a convertable booster seat probably a couple of weeks before bub is due.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, we bought our Pram and car seat at the same time. It was pretty early around 3/4 months as they were on special. Thankfully we kept them in the original boxes because Hubby was transferred interstate when i was 30 weeks pregnant, lol and the removalists had to move all the baby stuff. Hubby fitted our car seat when bubs was born. Olivia arrived 3 weeks early and we had to sign a form at the hospital to say that our car had a carseat correctly fitted before we could leave.

Best Wishes

Hi there, we hired a capsule & bought both the pram & car seat with the baby bonus, so we didn't buy anything until she was born. We had the hug-a-bub sling & she didn't go into the pram for 6 weeks anyway and the capsule was great for the first 3 months.

First time we got the pram and car seat at around 30 weeks. We fitted the seat ourselves (about 36 weeks) and it's best to know how to because sometimes you have to move it to another car (even if you only have one car, you might fly somewhere or use a cab or use a friends car etc etc). It can be installed for you, or checked to make sure it's right if you do it yourself at heaps of places - the appropriate RACx club, ambulance, kid safe house, even the store you bought it from (if you bought from a store) is likely to have someone qualified to do it and they will do it for free. I recommend getting DH/DP to do it himself and getting it checked first time. That way you know it's right but also know how to do it if you do need to move it.

This time we bought the new seat for DS and bub will have the original convertible one. We bought it early so we could have one seat in each car for the time being. We would have needed the new one anyway as the convertible one doesn't last all the way. I love having a seat in each car but I guess I shouldn't get too used to it as it won't work that way with 2 kids!

Melanie