Thread: pregnancy rash

Default pregnancy rash

Help please!!!!

I have had this awful rash for over a week now and was diagnosed with pregnancy rash or PUPPS. In a matter of days it spread from my tummy to my hips, hands, arms, backside and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. And I'm going crazy with itch

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what you did to treat it. I've already tried the following:

calamine lotion, anti itch creams, oatmeal baths, pinetarsol, low dose cortisone cream and my OB just started me on 5mg prednisolone. I find the only thing that gives temporary relief is putting on ice packs.

Hope someone can offer some other suggestions, I'm going nuts and feel so depressed I can't be induced yet as my cervix is not soft/dilated at all

Awe I'm so sorry - I've never had PUPPS but i've heard it's nasty. the only thing i've read to help is the ice packs, which you've already tried.

With any luck you'll be induced soon and it'll go away GL!

nelliesbelly Guest

thats no good you poor thing

i hope it gets better soon

Oh you poor thing.

I wish your little one to arrive post haste so that you might be able to get some relief.

*las* Guest

Yes! I had PUPPS, diagnosed after a biopsy.

It's horrible, isn't it??!! Just lots of baths, 3-5 per day in pinetarsal, plus soaking in calomine lotion. I also took low grade cortisone tablets.

I got mine at 19 weeks (which is quite unusual) and it didn't go until 3 weeks after I gave birth

I can't offer you any other suggestion than what you've already tried, but I understand how you feel...:hugs:

Thanks girls for your replies, Lisa I'm so sorry you had it so early in your pg. I can't imagine having it for that long. Fingers crossed that my bub arrives soon. Can I ask if the rash left any scars, I'm hoping it clears totally. Also may be a dumb question but did your son have a rash too when he was born? Ta!

*las* Guest

Hi Lis!
    The only scaring I have is on my arm where I had the biopsies done. They did tell me to try really hard not to scratch, as that could leave scarring (that was hard!!).
    DS was fine, no rash or effects from it at all!
    Hope the rest of your pg flies by, it's not very enjoyable when you are feeling so yucky from it

Hope you feel better soon

I didn't have it, but have horrible eczema everywhere (very very severe, having UV therapy for it), so i know the dreaded itch you are talking about.

Cherie (the mod) recently had this before she had her son a few weeks ago, i'll see if she can pop in here and give some words of encouragement.

Good luck!