thread: Pregnant with second child and having a 'popping' feeling in my tail bone

Apr 2009
    Cowra, NSW

Pregnant with second child and having a 'popping' feeling in my tail bone

hi all, im pregnant with my second baby (currently 34 weeks) and have a three year old. When pregnant with him i suffered a hairline fracture in my tailbone during delivery, which wasnt picked up til after 3 months after he was born.
    It healed by itself after about 12 months, but now with my second pregnancy ive started noticing a popping sound and feeling in my tailbone each time i bend over or go from squatting to a standing position. Im not having any bad pain or anything, but worried it might re fracture or cause problems when i deliver this baby. Any advice? Im in central country nsw and its hard to get into see the doctor, so i was hoping for some advice now...!!

thanks all.

Aug 2009
    Ipswich, Queensland

ive had lots of pain from my tailbone when sitting n when moving to standing from a sitting position. mine is to do with weak pelvic floor muscles tho. so perhaps urs is the opposite n its a bit tight or ur over stretching it when u stand. I know the physio picked up on me pushing my hips out when I went from sitting to standing. it did feel like something stretched when I did it, altho there was no actual sound.
    can u get to a physio?

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

It's definitely worth mentioning to your midwife or OB at your next appointment just in case the fracture is going to be an issue with this next baby. Other than that my suggestion would be to see a chiropractor for some advice.

Apr 2009
    Cowra, NSW

Thankyou ladies, I dont know where a nearby physio is, but Ill definately try search on google and suss it out. I have an appointment with the doctor at 36 weeks for my swab test, so Ill mention it then. Thankyou so much for your time and reply. xx