Thread: pressure on cervix

julesy Guest

Question pressure on cervix

Hi there! Hope everyone is well and counting down the weeks like I am!!

Over the last week or two I've noticed this sort of 'scratchy' feeling at the neck of my cervix (on the baby side) and a bit of pressure. My bladder feels incredibly full all the time, and the 'urge' to go to the loo has increased too. Is it possible bubs has engaged? It honestly feels like she is tickling my cervix with her little hands or something...it's not exactly 'pressure', but an incredible awareness that something (or someone!!) is there...

Any thoughts??

Julesy

Me too. I had the same thing with Olivia and with Charlie from aboout 30 weeks.......it is a bit irritating, but part and parcel I think.....

I am not sure if it means the baby is engaged or not though.........

Kirsty77 Guest

I had it with Gem from about 32 wks onwards. It drove me nuts! Gem was never properly engaged though as she was posterior. The pressure is bub dropping though even if not engaged. Oh and I hate that full bladder feeling all the time!It drives me nuts!!

I get that cervix pinchy feeling on and off during the day. I can only describe it as Princess Bumpy using her little fingers to poke and pinch it...LOL

I also get the pressure on the bladder feeling on and off too....i guess its just bubs engaging and then floating back up throughout the day.

skorpy Guest

I noticed yesterday while going for a walk that i felt heavy,like i needed to put my hand across my lower abdomen to hold my belly up.And during the night ,i have lost count of how many times i need the loo.

I also get this cracking feeling in my pubic bone area and it hurts too,anyone else getting this?

julesy Guest

Thanks girls...oh, and Skorpy, yes, I get that incredibly 'heavy' abdomen whenever I exercise, as well as very sharp stabbing pains on both sides of my stomach down near my hips...I'm thinking it's the round ligments trying to hold up my bulk!! Haven't had the cracking feeling in my pubic bone, but maybe that's your pelvis widening for bubs. If it hurts, maybe a visit to the OB would calm any anxieties!

Julesy

Oooh yes this brings back memories. Ouchy ouchy ouchy! Mine engaged very early too but I'm sure everyone gets these pains towards the end. I'm crossing my legs just thinking about them ...

I've started noticing the pinchy cervix in the last week or so. Also feel like I need to pee again 10 minutes after I've been

skorpy Guest

Oh the joys of pregnancy lol. Wow im 8 months tomorrow,but still got 8 weeks left....strange how they caculate pregnancy lol.

If it was months wise and not weeks,i would be due in 4 weeks bah to the other 4

This baby is really kicking poop out of me