Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem in sleeping

yvette Guest

Default problem in sleeping

I'm going on my 30 weeks now and really having a difficulty sleeping:frown: . I dont know what my sleep postions would be. My OB said it would be best if I lie on my left hand side but I cant really do that the whole time. If I lie on my back for just short time,I feel like I'm choking. I'm not having enough sleep at the moment and I'm worried that I wont sleep until the bub arrives. I dont have the energy during daytime. Anyone has the same problem?

Percy Guest

oh yeah! And sorry to say but its only got worse as I've gone further along! Not much fun is it? Sleeping on your right side is ok - much better then on your back IMHO anyway.

Oh boy, the memories... I had a lot of trouble sleeping and in the end I didn't care how I got comfortable (usually my right side was best with a pillow between my knees and under the belly & boobs)... I must admit, it got worse for me as the weeks went on but once bubs was born all the uncomfortableness (is that a word?!) went away.

Just do what you can, even if it means sleeping on the lounge chair with 10 pillows around you and if you get the chance, have a nap during the day or after work (for some reason I could sleep better during the day than at night).

Good luck!

My fav position has always been on my back which you are not meant to whilst pg. I have found I am most comfortable with a pillow under one butt cheeck and one pillow wedged in under my belly on the other side and that way I can half sleep on my back. I tend to rotate butt cheeks and get a better night sleep this way (as better as it can be in between getting up 4-5 times for a wee!

Quote Originally Posted by SSmiles View Post
    the weeks went on but once bubs was born all the uncomfortableness (is that a word?!) went away.
    Lol SSmiles nope it's not a word...discomfort is the word, funny when you just can't think of words isn't it!

!! Im having the exact same problem, sometimes i'll go to bed & be so tired but cant get comfortable then im awake all night, or bubs is moving around, or my pubic bone is aching - etc. I now dont fall asleep properly until about 4am, then sleep in to around 10am, not good but its the only time i can sleep so at the moment i take it! (lucky me left work a while ago now). I just cant wait to sleep on my tummy again!!

Hehe, Jas, you're right, "discomfort" is a much better word than my crazy word...I've never been the bestest at English...hehe...

Claire Joy Guest

Hi Yvette,

Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem as well. I can't believe how tired I am and how long I have to go before the baby arrives! I'd heard that some women get really tired in the third trimester, but I didn't expect it to kick in so soon or to such an extent. I've decided to finish work a week earlier than I had intended as I'm having trouble functioning some days. I'm hoping that when I finish work I'll be able to do some exercise which will hopefully mean that I sleep more soundly once I manage to fall asleep.

Good luck and it's nice to know I'm not alone!

CJ.

spiddles Guest

When I was pregnant with my first I worked up until 38 weeks full time. Finished work on the Friday. Water broke on the Wednesday. Was sooo much easier the first time around could sleep or rest whenever needed. Would come home from work crawl into bed try and get some Zzzzz's and DH would wake my up with dinner. When you have a 2 year old to race around makes life difficult but does make you tired and can just fall in a heap anywhere regaurless of pain Don't know how some of you Mum's do it. I finished work early this time 37 weeks. Have been sending my son to daycare still so can have a nap if I can and clean. I have been tired and drained all throughout this pregnancy. My ob suggested more iron in my diet. Helped a bit but not overly. Am starting to get the leg and arm cramps now from sleeping on my side which is no fun!
    Last edited by spiddles; January 15th, 2007 at 01:13 PM.

As percy said it does get worse lol sorry but its true.
    Best advice- pillows,pillows & more pillows or even better a body pillow!
    My main problem is having to pee about 5 times a night - seriously!-
    But yeah pillows definatly help with the discomfort

For me, it has only got worse... Sorry!
    I have been soooo tired throughout this entire pregnancy... there has always been something stopping me from sleeping.
    Now, it is either heartburn, my pubic bone, my hips or just the simple fact that staying in the one position for too long must bore me or make me uncomfortable because I tend to need to change position all the time... which is no easy task with a basketball for a belly!!! lol
    I agree that taking naps when you can is probably the best thing you can do... if you fall asleep reading, watching tv etc, thats at least some sleep you're getting.

This is natures mean ass way of preparing us for nightly feeds I am sure!

LOL Netty, i think u may be right

Netty you are correct! It is natures way of getting us ready for nightly feeds!
    I am even having trouble sleeping during the day now, my pubic bone is KILLING me.....
    I hope you get some Zzzzzz's..

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

OMG I cant sleep at all. i am at work and my head is on the desk. I finish work on Friday and cant wait because i will be naping throughout the day. the no sleep thing is really getting to me...
    I agree that its natures way of gettng us ready. Well our hormones definately.

Ah, I remember the aching hips from side-lying. I used to get up in the middle of the night and wander around the house because I just couldn't lie on my poor hips all night. I would recommend getting one of those body pillows - if you're at 30 weeks you'll still get plenty of use out of it. My uncomfortable nights started later on in the pregnancy and I didn't think it was worth getting the pillow. Wish I had, tho - I've heard such good things about them.

I finish owrk FRiday too Sonia, bring on the daytimes kips!!!

yeah and then it sucks when you cant sleep during the day coz of the same problem!! Lately ive been lucky to get an hours sleep during the day!!! I am so totally over this....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast