Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet bubs!

Glad you are more comforted hun. I find Phoenix is sleeping more these days as s/he gets bigger. Lemonade though works and wakes him/her up! xx

Hi Loula

Even soft gentle movements are still movements. Your little one is behaving normally try not to worry.

It's horrible when they have quiet days. I was 27 weeks pregnant on boxing day and bubby didn't move AT ALL. I remember just sitting crying on the couch.
    That evening, she came to life and I got NO SLEEP! LOL......

Not even on the outside yet and causing you worry!!!
    Little rascals hey?

hugs
    Sue xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Loula

Even soft gentle movements are still movements. Your little one is behaving normally try not to worry.
    here again, if only to re read everyones post to comfort myself. this bubba is such a gentle baby, and very quiet most days, i guess i always expected movements to annoy me before i was pg and i worried that i would suffer from sleepless nights from them ect......

But i guess getting 12 hours solid sleep (yes i can!) puts that out the window.

pg is nothing like i expected. i wish i could be pg forever, other than the stress and worry.

Thanks again for all above comments. i can loosen the straight jacket a little LOL

Loula, my baby is exactly the same and has been since I could feel him/her. My midwife says 10 movements a day as well. As yet I haven't counted as it seems that every time I sit down long enough to think that there hasn't been a movement for a while the little one seems to move at that point and reassure me everything is ok. I've also been told to trust in your motherly instinct and that you will know in your heart if everything is ok or not. Trust yourself
    When are you due?

Hey hun,

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now Although I can sympathise with you as I remember asking my OB to take DS out around the 35 week mark..... I guess I wanted him out safely, didn't think that he needed that extra cooking time
    What I did when I was about 20 weeks pg, is I got the featal heart monitor. Every time I thought bub was quiet I would dig it out and listen to bubs HB. That has always re assured me. My OB told me were to find the HB just in case I could't find it and gave myself a heart attack! lol. It's probably too late for you as you don't have that long to go.

Try and realx hun, everything will be just fine!!!

B xxx

Back again! today is day three of a quiet baby, where as three days ago i thought he was going to punch his way out, funny how these patterns seem to be. head is down and i heard the HB at my appointment yesterday.

Thank you all again

Just don't forget that bubs has not much room left now, so movement will be sparse. As long as there is some movement throughout the day, you should be fine. Eat ice/icypoles or chocolate to get bubs moving!
    Almost there....

xxoo

These babies can be very scary little critters, even before they are born. You’re doing a great job.

Hang in there babe, it won't be long. You've done such a terrific job to get this far!!!! I know how worrying it is having a quiet baby, it's hard to think about anything else. I guess it's prep for when bub is here, and you really can't think of anything or anyone else! Rest assured that this is only the beginning of your wonderful journey into parenthood, which involves worrying about your child almost all of the time! I hear it gets worse in the teenage years.......

It's a shame that quiet in utero doesn't always translate to being quiet when they're born

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12