Thread: This is a rant with frustration

Default This is a rant with frustration

Hi im back and still pregnant ill explain

I have reached the minimal time when bubs is considered term (i thought) ... i was having contractions again all day sunday and they started up again monday (yesterday).
    I was rocking through them on sunday and i couldnt get comfy and they ramped up a few notches and i felt real pressure in my pelvis/bottom area and my hips felt as they though they were being held together with a thread.... and i was SOOO cool calm and in to myself plus my undies were really wet and it didnt smell of wee it didnt have a smell at all ... the cx started 30 min apart went to 20 15 10 then hit the 5 min mark on sunday then petered off ... that commenced at 4 15 pm til 10pm sund and it made an appearance again on monday morning when i got up and started walking around..... So yesterday DH and I organised DS 2 to be looked after and we headed to hospital.... where even the receptionist said 'this lady is in labour' talking about me to a midwife who came our way....
    Now this is where the fun starts NOT
    I was hooked up to the CTG machine and after i felt a few big contractions it wasnt enough for them the midwife fobbed it off by saying h it is probably the babys head sitting on ligaments and that can be painful' With that i said can i please see a DR as im so over all this crap and im sore and having contractions whether you can see them on the thing or not ! With that the intern dr came in and asked me what was wrong? mmm where do i start? First of all im having full on contractions and please dont tell me its bloody ligament pain second of all im over doing this for hours on end with no results and third im over you dr and nurses changing your minds when a baby is safe to arrive or not .... then i burts into tears and said can you please give me somehting for the pain . Oh then this intern says have you had the endone that has been written up for you .... i looked at the sheet where he was reading and i said f you actually read my notes properly you will see that was my last visit here when bub was 33 wk 1 day and yes i did have that and i went home and now im back 2 weeks later. I was so OVER it !
    Registra came in and explain that if i go into spontaous labour with waters breaking etc etc then yes you will be able to have your baby .... but this hopsital wont be inducing you at baby age of 35 weeks .... as your baby is not term until it reaches 38 wks. I said well why did the other registra tell me otherwise 2 weeks ago ?
    (now i dont want anything to happen to my unborn child but i had both other children around this gestation age and i had pre labour like this b4 and i always need a hand to ripen the cervix up)
    So they did and internal and still closed which isnt new with me anyway ... they gave me panadol and phenergan and told me to go home and rest.... On the way home we went to my GP/OB and he said mmm that was a classic fobbing you off hey ? He said No they will only induce if your BP reaches a certain level .... i said i know this but they didnt have to tell me rubbish just to shut me up... he said NO they didnt.
    As i said to my DH if they came in and said 'listen we havent the beds or the capacity for you to have your baby if we help u at this point in time and as your cervix isnt ripening at all and if your kept pain free lets keep the baby in for at least another week bla bla bla' then i wouldnt have a worry with that .... but telling me what im feeling is a) reaction to the baby movements b) ligament soreness and really all in my head is doing my head in!
    Has anyone had terrible reception like this with other public hospitals?

And guess what this morning im very wet and it is quite thick looking .... doesnt smell at all .... but im ok atm ..

I"m with the Dr on this one sorry. You really don't need to be induced or anything to help the cervix along because it sounds like your body is doing a pretty good job on it's own getting things ready And you are really still quite early. The fact is that you weren't in labour and unless your waters break or there is no medical reason (and unfortunately being over it isn't a valid reason ) then they will not induce you at 35 weeks and rightly so! You still have 2 more weeks to get to 'term' and I think the biggest issue you may have is psychological - you gave birth previously at around this gestation so you are having trouble finding the right headspace to deal with a term pg because it sounds like this baby might be staying put for a while yet.

Now I know you are ranting and probably not specifically asking for advice, but it is really doing you no good to get this worked up over it - many women have prelabour that is a real PITA to deal with when it starts this early, but sometimes it's just what we have to put up with kwim? I've been there done that 4 times before and I know how frustrating it is, I really do but until you can get yourself in the right frame of mind then you wont be able to unhinder yourself mentally and go into labour.

I have to agree with Trillian and the Dr's on this one too, sorry....

There is no way an OB or MW would assist in encouraging labour at 35 weeks, if there was nothing medically wrong with the baby or with the mother, this risks of delivering this early may be less than they were previously but they are still there and the aim is always to get a baby to full term or as close to as possible without risking mother or baby. And being over it isn't a genuine medical reason to induce labour

I can understand how you are feeling, I too am exhausted, and tired, we have been trying to stop labour for over 6 weeks now, and been medicated for 13 weeks, I have been having signifcant contractions since 28 weeks ~ maxing out the CTG and a very irritable uterus inbetween since 28 weeks, and most likely before I just didn't realise that they had changed from BH's to ctx as I'd never felt normal ctx with DD due to her being posterior. Contractions range from less than 10min appart out to about 30min appart, nearly all day everyday.

But I am simply focussing on each day and getting through that day, I have had some horrible days, where the meds can no longer stop the ctx and we have had to change dosages or add in further meds, and just hope and pray that we get things back under control again. But we have no where to go now everything is max'd out. Yes it hurts, it is exhausting and yes I have gone through countless days of no rest and nights where I haven't slept a wink, but I have never asked for it to be over or asked for my baby to be born.

The bigger picture is not me and what I am feeling, it is to make this pregnancy last as long as possible, I have had a prem at 33 weeks, and I don't want this baby to go through what DD went through. Tubes shoved down her throat and nose, needles in left right and centre, IV's attached, laying under Billi lights for days on end in the nude and now 2 years on she has ongoing lung issues.

I would rather I go through the pain, discomfort and sleepless nights myself to get this baby to term.

I am sorry if I am coming across as ranting myself, but sometimes we just need to look at things from a different perspecitive......

Yeah 35 weeks is still really early and not term on any standards but I do know how you feel I get pre labour for days before the real thing but on the plus my short labours were 20 minutes

I agree with Trill.

Try and concentrate on getting some rest and relaxation exercises

A Huge hugs babe! Xoxoxoxo - Hope the little mite lays off the pre-labour for a while and lets you get some rest MUAH!

hi girls and thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.
    I was ranting on but i was more ranting on about the lack of compassion i got from the intial nurse and her bedside mannor.... as i have said i dont want this baby induced at all if i can help it and especially not yet but i was just told so many different things re babies in the last week and a half that when i did have those c
    Last edited by bubno.3; September 21st, 2010 at 11:03 PM.

contued response :
    When i thought i was in early stages on sunday/monday i suppose i was gearing up ready to be induced as my bp would be high etc etc .
    My mum pointed out what could be making me more agitated as well : the fact that i being a nurse knows when they try to fobb you off and when theyre talking serious stuff ....
    Yes i know this gestation is not ready and especially as my cervix isnt at all favoutabke for inductin

continued :
    Its just all the hoo haa crap this midwife tried to tell me what i was experiencing was instead of telling me that is in fact pre or early labour and no i wasnt going mad and yes to go home and rest .... And yes it is fine to boomerang back and forth if need be for exams to be on the safeside .
    Hey i have had pre labour since 27wks 4days so to get to 35wjs is a bonus to get to 37wks even better

Bub, if you have had it since that early, what you've had isn't pre-labour, but an irritable uterus. I know it can be frustrating when you just want a definitive answer and you can't get it, but it's not an exact science I suppose

Hi Love

Just wanted to pop in and

I haven't been through what you are going through but I know that if I was in your situation I would be feeling scared, unsure of myself and worried. They should have perhaps been a little more gentle with you and treated you a little better to ease the concern - but they were probably over worked and understaffed. Just try and relax (I know easier said then done!!) and before you know it your body will be ready and you will have a beautiful little bubba