Thread: Raspberry Leaf Tablets

Default Raspberry Leaf Tablets

A friend recommended taking raspberry leaf tablets (I think they're from Blackmores) during the third trimester, but since taking them I have had a few bh contractions which I've never had before. I realise this is probably normal at this stage of pg. Does anyone else take these supplements and are they fine to take?

Rosy I took them and didn't have any problems. There is another thread going about these as well.

Rosy - there is also a rasberry leaf tea that you can buy (from health section at safeway or woolies). I wouldnt know how it works but I know a few people who have used it and were happy with it.

Lisa

They're meant to work by toning the uterine muscle with the idea that labour is 'easier' as the muscle has been 'exercised' and is prepared. Raspberry leaf is also meant to help get your uterus back into shape after the birth.
    I felt bh and had major cramping after 3 cups of the tea but then had nothing else, the bh/cramping is normal because thats really what the tea is supposed to do - work that muscle!
    I think it's one of those things that if you really think it will work well for you, then it will otherwise you may as well drink water. A lot of it is the power of your mind.
    Take it if you think it works for you! you're not really going to know if it makes the birth easier or not, are you? Unless you were in a parallel universe and could see what you would've been like had you not taken it...but that's another story for another day

Thanks for that taralee, that makes a lot of sense. I will keep trying it and see what happens.

I found it made my BH's more noticable too, so think completely fine