Thread: Red Itchy Rash???

Scolari Guest

Default Red Itchy Rash???

Have had a lot of reply's to my question on red itchy rash!! Thankyou everyone! You eased my fretting mind!
    I have discovered that it is heat rash. I am 27 weeks pregnant and exploded in a hot itchy rash all over my belly and arms!!
    For anyone with the same appearing, I hope this helps you too!!
    I had a suggestion of Pinatarsol to use in the bath or shower, I highly recommend it!!
    Thankyou again to all the people that responded so quickly to me!!

are you almost full term?

The reason i ask is my cousin was 39 weeks when she broke out in a horrible itchy rash all over her body and couldnt stop scratching. the ob said it was the baby ready to come out....2 days later she gave birth

hth

thanks

Hi,

How many weeks are you? Theres a rash called PUPPP that you can get after 36 weeks, i got this with my first pregnancy. It's due to the hormones the baby produces or something and it goes away after the birth. It usually starts on the tummy(i think) and goes to the arms and theighs.

I'd get it checked though just to make sure it isn't anything serious.

In the mean time the thing i'd suggest is pinetarsol in the bath. You can pick this up at the chemist. I swear by the stuff, it's stopped me going insane from the itch. it also made it less red because i stopped scratching.

Scolari Guest

I am only 26 weeks... I hope that's not the case!!

Quote Originally Posted by danni182
    are you almost full term?

The reason i ask is my cousin was 39 weeks when she broke out in a horrible itchy rash all over her body and couldnt stop scratching. the ob said it was the baby ready to come out....2 days later she gave birth

hth

thanks

Well it wouldn't be PUPPP then. I'd go to your doctor to get it checked out. It could just be an allergic reaction to something.

Scolari - I got a rash all over my belly and inbetween my boobs. Iwent tothe Dr and he said it was just a heat rash. I seem to be having hot flushes and sweating a bit more than normal - hope yours is just a heat rash too