Thread: redoing glucose test - need to let off some steam

Default redoing glucose test - need to let off some steam

I had my glucose test done last week. I have just recieved a call from the DRs surgury to say I need to have another one done. I know i should not stress but I am really starting to worry. I havent gained any weight yet (i have been showing since i was four weeks and i look very pregnate now) I am going to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I am also fed up. I feel frazelled as I have been on reflux tablets for about 3 months now but i am still unable to eat a varity of food. I am so frusterated and worried for my baby. sorry but i just needed to let off some steam

Chantal, don't stress sweetie. Apparently it is very common to fail. I did and yep, I was just a stressed as you. I haven't put on much either and my baby's regular size. Add to that I'm a nurse and so knew all the signs to look for - and of course I could identify with EVERY one....

The worst bit is having to drink more of that awful stuff. It does put you in a panic when they ring though doesn't it? I really do symapthise. When's your test so I can check how you're going?

Well I have been told about the next test I am to do on Wednesday. I have to follow a diet from sunday and fast from tuesday night. I will get the results back the same day. If i have it i will be booked into classes on the thursday. I will let you know.
    thankyou scrappyfish

Good luck Chantal.

Hi Chantal

I've seen you in another forum and I'm pretty sure we discussed vitamins.

I hope your 2nd test goes well. Did you vomit any of the glucose solution the first time around? If you did then that would stuff up the results.

Hopefully you don't have GD - if you do though your team of medical professionals will guide you through it. A friend of mine had it at 19 and had to have insulin injections then after the birth she was fine.

I pray it goes well for you. Let us know okay?

Neeny xoxo

Chantal, just checking on you sweetie....

Hope everything went well.

Hello all - just letting you know I have done the test and it came back clear - I do not have GD. I am so happy. (yes needy i was talking with you about vitamins). thank you all

Thats fantastic Chantal.