Thread: RIB PAIN

cathy Guest

Default RIB PAIN

Hi Everyone

I AM EXPERIENCING THE SOREST RIBS THESE LAST FEW DAYS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO USE TO MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY HOT WATER BOTTLE DOESNT REALLY WORK ITS MAINLY AT NIGHT AND THE LEFT SIDE ANYONE ELSE GOT THIS PROBLEM I READ ITS MORE A THIRD TRIMESTER PREGNANCY SYMPTOM BUT I DONT KNOW ITS HAPPENING TO ME NOW!

Hi Cathy

Just a friendly reminder not to type in caps as it is considered to be shouting.
    My midwifes used to tell me to take some panadol if the rib pain was really bad, and it did used to help. Have you tried that ?

Love :smt049

cathy Guest

sorry about the caps, no i will try panadol didn't think of that!

Thanks

I get really bad rib and back pain on my right side. My doctor said i really shouldn't take panadol. The only thing i could do was have a massage every so often. I was told it has to do with posture and our bones and ligaments being softer.

Hope this helps!

Just butting my nose in coz I am curious LOL! I thought panadol was safe during pregnancy? Is it considered not to be now or is there another reason why your dr suggested not to take it?

*hugs*
    Cailin

I'm not sure, my doctor doesn't really want me to take any sort of oral medication unless i really really have too, i didn't ask why.

Panadol is still totally safe during pregnancy

Love :smt049

yep...I was told not to be a martyr and take panadol by the midwives... even during labour they recommended if it started at home to have some panadol and try to rest...yeah right! LOL