Thread: RLT causing vomiting?

Question RLT causing vomiting?

I started taking RL tablets tonight, 4 x 300 mg, in preparation for labour.

Within hours I had vomited up all my stomach contents. Bean has also gone absolutely crazy with her movements and I have more BH. Is this normal?

I took 1/3 of the daily dose.

Might quit RL tablets for a while... unless something else can cause this? Seems a bit odd that it started within hours.

Anyone else gotten sudden vomiting on RLT?

never vomitted but wanted too - erg! that stuff is awful but I drank the tea and yes it did make me feel a little ill but I ut it down to the amount of liquid I had just sculled and existing MS. Yes I got increase BH and movement a little while after taking it - I thought that was it doing it's thing.

I was always told to do it slowly so 1 cup a day for the first week, then two cups a day (morning and night) and three cups a day etc. Maybe start on one tablet for a few days or take them further apart One in the morning etc

It doesn't make me vomit or even make me feel sick at all. Could it have been something else?

The RLT tablets I have (blackmores) say to take with meals. If you didn't do that last night, maybe it's worth trying one with a meal in a day or two, see what happens.

I took the blackmores ones, with dinner. Oh well, I guess I won't be able to figure out if it was the RL tablets or dinner.

Ive never used the tablets, only drunk the tea dn had raspberry leaf used in herbals mixes. I must be abnormal, lol, cos I love the taste of the tea and drink it all the time when Im not pg.
    Maybe u just dont play well together, its a bit of a conincidence for it to have been something else and then gone away again...I mean if it was gastro or something you'd think it would still be around..

How upsetting for you!

I never have nausea with RLT. I take it for irritable uterus and I get fewer BH when I'm drinking it, but i know that some women can get more BH. And if there are more contractions, then that will irritate the baby a little. I think that if you are feeling very unwell or are noticing strong reactions to it, you shouldn't take it any more.

I keep reading that people hate the tea, but I love it, I find it very refreshing!

My midwife told me not to start taking them until 36 weeks as it can trigger labour very quickly in a small number of people.

Hope this isn't the case for you though

I just started these a couple of days ago and was feeling really sick all day. I don't know if it's related because i still have morning sickess. They haven't effected my BHs at all.

Maybe you are allergic to it?