Thread: short sheeting

Default short sheeting

just wondering about short sheeting. i am having a winter bubs, but when the cot is short sheeted, there is too much doona to fold under the matress because it makes one end sit up too high. would a sheet and a cot blanket keep bubs warm enough if they were in a grow suit and singlet?

I never used a Doona with paris, she just had layers upon layers and layers of cot blankets...also a sleeping bag/suit. I do know plenty of people who have used Doona's though but I was just a bit too paranoid.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Maddison was in singlet, growsuit & then Mum made a quilted type sleeping bag, that buttoned up, then a sheet & blanket, it was plenty, she now sleeps in knickers with a celular blanket, as she is hot through Winter & Summer!!!! She has a dble doona on her bed, but she rarely uses it...

When Aidyn was a newborn I dress him in a singlet and wondersuit, then would wrap him in 2x bunny rugs and then a polar fleece wrap. Once he was over 6 weeks I replaced the wraps with a grobag, and if it was extra cold I would put an extra layer of clothes on him. Because we used a heater I never had to worry too much about him getting too cold.
    He is still in a grobag now (a summer one) so I cant really help you out with the blanket question, sorry!

I went the sleeping bag option too for Kameron's first winter. Lachlan was still being wrapped in his first winter so I didn't have to worry.

Love

thanks gals, is a shame because mum and dad just bought us all the bedding from ikea, is a gorgeous dark blue iwth big green and purple dragonflies on it. i think i will get a couple of those bright cellular cot blankets from bubba target and use them until I am not short sheeting as short.

ah, i just had an idea, i can still use the doona cover, just not the doona, will do a sheet, one or two blankets and then just the thin doona cover over the top for looks, perfect!!!!

Great idea there Min!!

I LOVE sleeping bags - even have one for my 3 year old!!

Best wishes

Min,

My dd was born at the end of June - and was well and truly a winter baby. It's going back a few years, but I remember her wearing a wondersuit and singlet (possible even a singlet suit thing), wrapped in a bunny rug and then a polar fleece type blanket over her... maybe even a cellular blanket too (can't remember).

I do love your idea about using the doona cover. What a fabulous idea!

DD didn't use a doona until she was just about to go into a bed about 27ish months. We took the side off her cot, and made it up as a bed for about three weeks before she went into the bed so she would get a 'feel' for it.

Cheers,

Pietta Guest

I did the exact same thing as Wardy girl with Ryley in winter. He is a very warm bub though. I like your idea- I think it sounds great!!

I used the same IKEA doona covers with no doona and only for a few weeks as Matilda started wrapping her head up in whatever was free in the cot... so I have ordered some sleeping bags for next winter...

Kimberley was a winter baby in the UK and we just used blankets. If needed just added another or took them off. Always had a tempture monitor in her room so we could tell how cold it was.

don't think it will be a problem christy as the matress is such a snug fit with the cot, once bubs is tucked in, there is no change of too much wrigglin!