Thread: Should I be getting worried??

kerry Guest

Default Should I be getting worried??

Ok right out of left field here and I know I still have about 9 weks to go but should I be starting to worry that bigfoot is still lying transverse (side ways) and showing no intention of moving? When is it time to be concerned that bf isn't head down bum up?

My main concern is that with my health problems if I have to have a c/s it will have to be under a general anaesthetic and the is a fairly high risk of my not waking up. My Ob has already told me that if bf is breech (either feet first or bum first) they intend delivering naturally however if the little monster stays sideways and they can't turn him/her then I will have to have a c/s.

Am I worrying for nothing?

Kerry
    There i still time for bigfoot (love that name) to behave and get into the correct position.
    One trick I use for breech babies is to get mum to rest on elbows and knees for 20 mins each day. you can do this on the bed, floor, lounge, anywhere yhay is comfy.
    It often works for breech so I cant see why it cant work for transverse.

You could also try acupuncture/presure.

Alan (Midwife)

Jillian
    Yes it does

Alan (Midwife)

Alan I heard something like that. Someone once told me that it helps the baby to move if you get down on your hands and knees and clean the floor...think I'd rather rest though lol!

Hey Jo and Jillian

Whilst I was at my M/W appointment yesterday i was reading a poster about the use of fitballs (you know the blow up round balls you use for exercise) anyway they were saying that if you slump yourself over the ball and rock your hips this is also a good way to get bubba into position.

However, having said that i think just positioning yourself and elbows and knees is a good option also....

I'll be giving it a go also

di O

Hey Alan

With your suggested position (elbows and knees etc)

is that 20minutes in 1 go?? or can you do it 5minutes 4 times a day??

Don't know how i'll go in that position for 20minutes straight....

dianna

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Kerry - I was 9 days overdue and was breech until the day before my birth! So babies can move whenever they feel like they could be bothered I have recently posted a sticky of links to sites with lots of breech / posterior links and resources, I think in the labour / birth section - take a look! I might move it into the new third trimester forum actually!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

DiannaQ
    Not sure about that. But i supose the closed to 20 min the better.
    Also if you can only do it for 5 mins it cant hurt and it might just help.

Alan (Midwife)

Thanks Alan

I'll drop down on elbows and knees and see how i go O

kerry Guest

Thanks every one for all the positive advice. I am off to the Chiro on Friday (for SPD treatment Alan, it's saved my mobility and sanity) and see what he suggests. I know he does the Webster technique.

I was told this when Matilda was 38 weeks by my midwives to do exactly what Alan suggested & I did it! I was nesting pretty badly so I would scrub the floors on my hands & knees for 20 minutes a day or I would go outside & pull weeds on my hands & knees. I got so obsessive about cleaning I was scrubbing vinegar on the floor with a toothbrush LMAO! But it did move Matilda a bit

I have heard of this too, best of luck with it kerry