Thread: Should i ring midwife or not?

Default Should i ring midwife or not?

Was out shopping this afternoon and started feeling really really wet 'down there'. Got worse so i went to the loo to investigate. My pants were wet, had a really weird smell, kinda sweet, never smelt it before. Also a bit pink tinged. Put a liner on and walked about the shops some more. Every now and then felt like i was leaking, so went home. Got changed and put new liner on. Nothing much since then though. Definatly isn't urine, but it's now stopped, so not sure what to think? Getting a few niggling pains here and there but could just be BH. Don't want to ring sounding silly coz it's stopped, but i dunno?

Tegan, if it smelt sweet, then I would definatley ring a midwife, because that is what the liquor smells like, plus if you had a bit of pink tinge to it, it really wouldn't hurt ot get it checked out, just to err on the side of caution.

Tegan
    You won't sound silly. Ring the midwife and ask. That's what she's there for sweets.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Tegan I would definately give the midwife a call. If nothing else she can at least set your mind at ease!

I don't think it sounds silly, I would ring them definately. Maybe save a pad because sometimes they like to "see" it or have a "sample" of it (seems pretty yuck though)...

My hind waters leaked after I had the gel in hospital & it was a small leak but filled 2 pads and more so when I moved around alot. It was pink tinged as well... I started having contractions a few hours later.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep I agree if you have to ask that question then the answer is definitely yes.

Yep please call her.....sounds exactly like what happened when my water was leaking with my first. You need to get it checked out.

Yep, you should be ringing your m/w. Any news for us honey?

I agree ring your midwife. Sounds like you have just had your waters break

I wonder what's happened. I see Tegan, you haven't posted anywhere on BB again since your 5.42pm post last night.... Hope everything is ok. Maybe you'll pop into birth announcements next?

OOOh Tegan,
    I am soooooo excited, sounds like your waters, as it's a distinctive smell...

Oh, I am leaving work soon, for a day of ME, I hope to rush home & check out the posts in announcements!!!!!

Sorry to get your hopes up, but i'm still here! Rang midwife and she got me to go to hospital. Waiting in waiting room with another preg lady for over an hour because midwife was with a lady just giving birth. Finally got a room, but my midwife has to go home since she had been there from 7am-8pm. Anyway had a CTG done, all good there. Had a internal and omg the pain! Anyway waters haven't broken, just lots and lots of CM. Still trickling out though, so must be a lot!! Did find out some pretty good news though. They said bub doesn't feel big, just average size, woohoo! Also have quite a bit of fluid around him, so that's probably why i look so big. Anyway, that's that drama over with, i feel like an idiot, but oh well. Poor Jacob was stressed to the max. He's going for his licence on Tuesday, just so he can drive me to hossy when in labour. Poor thing thought i was gonna have bub and didn't know what to do!

yay, glad everythings OK!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Good news Tegan

Yay Tegan

Tegan, that must be such a relief for you both. Don't apologise or think you have been silly, because you haven't been.

But you sure did keep us all on our toes LOL.