Thread: Shoulders

Default Shoulders

I am having alot of problems sleeping and mainly because I just can't get comfortable - my shoulders kill me.. I have tried lifting myself up but it is too high, so going to try some flatter cushions/pillows tonight to see if I can be raised just enough for my shoulders to have room. I wake up in the most painful state, drives me nuts...... I only had a pregnancy massage on Friday and feel like I need another. At least I have my osteo apt on Thurs so hopefully he can work some magic and give me some relief..... arghhhhhh

Does anyone else have problems with their shoulders???

Shell - I can totally sympathise. I had this problem from around 30 weeks with ds1 and have got it again now. The pain in my shoulders spreads down to my upper arms a bit too. My physio first time around told me to wear bras with really wide, supportive straps which do help a bit although they're very ugly! I think it's just the strain of a big, heavy belly and probably heavier bbs too all pulling down on your shoulders. Panadol can help but you probably don't want to have that too often (I used to just have 2 before bed time) and get as many massages as you can! Maybe a warm bath too?

Thanks Dee. It is just so painful, trying to cope without taking panadol and so far so good. Using my wheat bag which helps a little. I think I will have a hot bath before bed tonight, because I slept well the previous night, still woke up sore but didn't notice it as much..... I don't think the bras would help much, just bubs pulling down on my shoulders as with everything else. My back keeps seizing up as well which doesn't make it very comfortable at all. At the moment I am trying to mop my floors and taking regular breaks because of my back..... I am leaving the rest of the vaccuming to my husband to do when he gets home from his bike ride, just wanted to do the mopping while he was gone. Got my dad and stepmum coming over for lunch..... arghhhhhh just can't wait to have bubs out, not long to go now, just over 3 weeks....

I actually think the back pain is going to be what kills me in labour and make me resort to taking drugs which I don't want to do.....