Thread: 'Show'

Default 'Show'

Hi girls, TMI warning...

I noticed some discharge today, it was kinda thick and a bit green - could it be the start of my show or is it too early and does the show come out all at once? It was only a very small amount, say enough to thinly cover a 5 cent piece (yukkkkk).

Thanks!

Jess

Hi Jess,

I only had a show with my first bub so can only remember it from 13 years ago. I had quite a few slimy shows for the whole evening and the following day I went into labour. Fingers crossed that it starts soon but not too soon for you.

Take care
    Trish

Ooooh Jess, it's getting exciting!! How are you going?

Hi Sarah, yes getting very exciting but scary all at the same time. You will be joining us in 3rd tri soon and hopefully I wont see you in there! (you know what I mean!)

Jess

spiddles Guest

Personally I would get to the hospital or call your midwife. Sounds like a show but if its green bubs maybe in distress. I had a show thick and clear and as someone put it (I think Kelly smells like semen) 5 days before my water broke.

Oooh Jess, I hope this is a good sign! Let us know if you get any more, or if you find out this is the real thing. I have no idea what to be looking for, but it sounds promising!

They say it's about a teaspoon but the show doesn't have to come away in one go, sometimes it can take days. So maybe there is more to come yet?
    The green I find a bit odd too... they say if your amniotic fluid is green to immediately go to the hospital because it means the baby is in distress but never heard of a green show?
    Maybe talk to your midwife and see what she thinks.

Melinda Guest

Mine was most definitely more than a teaspoon and not green at all. It was very gooey and blood-streaked but I didn't lose mine until I was actually in labour in the hospital!