Thread: Show or No Show

Default Show or No Show

Hi all,

I'm a little confused and just wondering if you can help me?

Just wanted to clarify with the whole "Show" issue... does everyone have a show a few days before labour actually starts? or can things happen without having a so called show at all?

I'm 37wks and really hoping that i'm going to have this little one very soon, I've been having pains for the past 2 days and have had a killer of a headache since Sunday, it's making me so sleepy because of the pressure behind my eyes....

So it would help if my confusion re: show was sorted out, that way at least i'll know if i've got any hope of going in without having had a show in the days/ weeks leading up to the birth.... also may i add that i've had a huge increase in discharge and now its like a dark/bright yellow where as for the majority of my pregnancy its been more clear.

Hoping this all makes sense and thanks to anyone that can help me out

WannaBMum xoxoxox
    (I'm now Gonna-B-Mum)

In only had a 'show' with my first pg, and it happened the day before Lindsay arrived. With the girls, I didn't have a show with Erin until after my waters broke and with Paige I had none at all that I noticed. It really does vary - some will have it and some wont' - it's as simple as that, but just because you don't have a show, doens't mean that you wont go early/on time or even late. And if you do have on, it doesn't mean that labour is immenent, it could all happen a week later.

I had a show with my daughter on the Thursday/Friday, and then got induced on the Monday as I was 11d over my due date.
    Some people do get theres in labour, some get it ages before hand. Its just another one of the pesky unknowns about this whole labour thing!

I didn't have a show at all with DD, my water breaking was the start of things for her.

I was seeing bits of plug with DS for a week before I was induced with him.

I got my show on Monday, just looked like mucus. Then Tuesday night it was mucus with blood tinged stuff in it. Wednesday morning i was in labour and Chelsea was born.

For the mon/tues i was in pain, but would come for 5 hours or so at a time and then totally vanish.

for DD i didnt have a show and was induced 1 week late.. For DS i had a show after an internal on the Tues and went into labour Fri Night, had bubs Sat

i had a show about a week before i had lachlan, i had no idea it was a show though, it was just a heap of mucus, no blood or anything.

I had a show with DD, had her 2 days later. With DS i didnt have a show at all and was induced. Goodluck.

Thanks so much everyone, I feel so much relief to know that I don't HAVE to have a show so far in advanced to labour...
    This has got my spirits a little bit higher, I've been having all sorts of differents pains over the past 48hrs and I have a feeling that my body may be getting ready (well I'm hoping so anyway).....
    So thanks again :-)