Thread: Sleep - We used to be friends

Default Sleep - We used to be friends

Ah, sleep. I remember when I could call on you at any time and you'd be there for me. Sometimes you'd come for a visit when I was working and I'd have to tell you lovingly to come back later. We'd spend endless nights with each other, and often I'd enjoy you into the morning.
    I know I'm emotional at the moment, but please tell me... Where are you now? I'm so desperate to spend some quality time again. :frown:
    Is anyone else missing their friend?

Last edited by Snacks; December 4th, 2006 at 02:57 AM.

Percy Guest

ha ha ha!!! Love it! Yes I do remember sleep - comforatble relaxed sleep well. It seems like years ago since I had a decent nights sleep and I'm thinking its going to be years till I have another one!

Well I know it has been years since I got a good nights sleep - so I really miss it!
    I find I'm a sleeper inner. If I can get 1 sleep in til about 8:30 a week, thats enough to recharge my batteries. Some people are nanna-nappers. I wake up feeling hungover if I do that. YUCK!
    The best sleep I had was about 3 weeks ago when I had really, really bad back pain, and I finally relented and popped a couple of panadiene. I slept for 4hrs straight. Bliss. Complete and utter bliss!!!!!
    It would be nice to say that sleep is just around the corner........ Hmm, maybe it would be better to say that comfortable lying in bed is only a few weeks away!

Sleep ?? What's that. I lost my good friend sleep some years ago now.I nave not had a full nights sleep in so long. I couldn't even tell you when the last time was. Certainly not in the last 21 months.

sleep? whos that?
    o i think i remember now.... thats that thing my husband spends all his time with...
    While i heave myself outa bed a la whale watching style, he shacks up with this sleep thing you so talk about.... LOL
    Im so jealous of people sleeping... how ridiculous is that, jealous of people on their tummies and backs... they all look so comfortable.
    Amy, im sorry ur not sleeping, as a result of me not sleeping... ive reorganised the living room furntiure over 12 times in 6 months... I must have the worst case of nesting ever.
    And nothing helps does it honey? i went to health food shop for something..any.. thing.. she gave me chamomile tea and i nearly laughed her into the new year. People just have no idea.
    Love to you and wishing you sweet dreams.
    Gill
    x00x

Amy, I am so with you at the moment! I dont think i have had a decent sleep in the last 3 weeks, i wake atleast twice an hour, and it is starting to drive me nuts! I miss the fact i cant sleep on my tummy, that i cant get comfortable, when i do get comfy my little bump starts kicking, and jumping on my bladder so i have to get up and go to the loo anyway..... or my DS wakes up and no one hears him except me. Or the fact that i wake up before DF's alarm goes off, and stay awake, or the fact that i cant even Nanna Nap without waking. Not thats bad. I think i would rather get up to a newborn 100 times a night, coz atleast when you get them sorted and back to sleep you go back to sleep faster!
    LOL at the chamomile tea! I would of laughed them into next year too! Hehehehe.
    Wishing you lots of sleep....
    Jenni

tiggy Guest

Snacks,
    Sorry to hear that your friend is missing.

You know that you can survive on very little. Guess that's not helping you though.
    Hugs, hope sleep comes to visit today.

Ha. Things are slightly less hopeless when it is daytime and it doesn't feel like the rest of the world is enjoying what I can't have!
    I hope you are all blessed by some rest soon.
    I'm now going to grit my teeth and get some zz's if it kills me!

i think i remember now.... thats that thing my husband spends all his time with
    LMAO! It's like 'the other woman', lol...

tiggy Guest

Snacks,
    Iguess you ARE getting to that fed up stage. Hope you catch some zzzzz today.

Natalie....i showed Hubby this thread and he laughed when he read my post and went... hehehe sounds like us, and i went, it is you silly!!!! and then he went, oooooo...
    He's doey and he's the one getting all the sleep!

LOL Edensmumma! I think he is spending too much time with the "other woman"!

Snacks I hope you find your friend sleep.

Sleep is beginning to escape me. I hope I cant catch it back.