Thread: A small amount of bleeding?

Default A small amount of bleeding?

Hi girls... TMI warning....

For the first time since being pregnant, yesterday I noticed a v small amount of slightly pink discharge on the tp. I then wore a liner and noticed the discharge on the liner a few hours later (again, a very small amount, less than 1/2 the size of a 5 cent piece and not red, just pink if on tp and brown on liner).

The 2 books I have had said some light bleeding in 3rd tri can be considered normal, but I rang the hospital and the midwife, although not concerned as the baby is still moving, mentioned that bleeding was not normal. She advised me to monitor it for 24hrs, well I woke up this morning with a tiny amount on the liner (same amount as described above), and bubs is still moving as normal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jess

Hi Jessica, I didn't experience any bleeding during PG, there is an article on BellyBelly's main site about bleeding in PG so you might want to have a read. Personally if it was me I'd have it all checked out, I was too freaked out during PG to not go get it checked, so my only suggestion is to go to the hospital where you are going to deliver and have it checked by the midwives as they see so many PG women & they would have a good idea on when to worry etc... Let us know how things go!

I agree with Christy, I think you should get it checked out anyway, just for some peace of mind.
    Hopefully it is nothing, as I have heard there can be a couple of reasons for spotting in the third trimester, but it is definately best to get a medical opinion.
    Goodluck Jess, please let us know how you go...

Hey Jess,

I had some slight bleeding a few weeks ago, so went to the hospital and all it was was thrush around my cervix and the midwife said its nothing to worry about. But I think you should still get it checked out for peace of mind.

I agree with everyone. Have it checked out. My midwife said to go to hospital immediately if there was any bleeding.

Snowy

Hey Jess, have you got it checked out yet?

Let us know how you get on - I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I'm sure it's best to check & put your mind (and all of ours!) at rest.

Hi girls,

Bleeding stopped after 24 hours of noticing so I didnt take it further. I am happy that bubs is moving lots and the blood could more described as a very minute about of pink mucus.

Jess

Glad to hear it has stopped Jess. If it happens again please do ring the midwifes and ask about it though.

Love :hbeat: