Thread: Sneezing & cramping

Default Sneezing & cramping

Anyone else get cramping after sneezing? I sneezed heaps yesterday (I do that occasionally - once something sets me off I can't stop LOL) and I then had slight cramping on and off for the whole day 8-[

Angel - I often get cramping while sneezing, it often goes straight away but other times will stay a while, once I was in a half sitting position in bed and my sneezing attack came my goodness that hurt. Like you I sneeze an awful lot especially since being pg.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi Angel,

I too, had a particularly sneezy day yesterday. I definately get cramps when I sneeze - and also when I cough.

Me too, or if I move suddenly. But I must say in the last 3-4w it has gotten better. I think it's just our ligaments stretching, or so I've heard...

layla Guest

Angel,
    I never had a problem while pg, but since having Kate I always "pull" a ligament in my tummy if I sneeze while I'm standing up. (Weird I know) It must just stretch that area so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. :bellyrub:

yeah, during this pregnancy I always had to brace myself for a sneeze or else it would really hurt/pull a muscle, sometimes even that doesn't help

Yeah i get a cramp from sneezing, coughing, stretching the wrong way or too far, basically anything that doesn't involve me being sound asleep in bed! lol.

Thanks, girls I asked my OB at my appt today and he said it is completely normal. He wasn't concerned at all LOL.

Melinda Guest

I remember getting a similar thing when I would sneeze or cough too Angel and it was in the earlier stages of my PG as opposed to the latter (I guess everything was well and truly stretched by then LOL).

colleeg Guest

Default sneezing and stomach cramp

yeah i have to agree with you all; and it has put my mind to rest! even with bad hayfever you have to brace yourself with some of those nasty pulling pains, almost feels like you have ripped something!

it sometimes gives me cramps, sneezing.. but they usually go away straight away.. also i have to hold my pelvic floor muscles really tight just before i sneeze else my bladder will let go a little which really annoys me

take care
    Lesley