Thread: So Annoyed...

Default So Annoyed...

I am probably posting this in completely the wrong place, and I apologise if that is the case, but I just need to vent a bit and get some help...
    I am 17 years old and 33 weeks pregnant with my first child (I will be 18 before bubs is born). My mum and my immediate family are all happy for me, and are really supportive and helping. But my relatives (who live ten hours away), such as my Nanna, are not too pleased. I am okay with that and knew that they wouldn't be happy, but I figure it is my choice and as family, they should still love me no matter what. Just after I told my nan I was pregnant, my aunty found out she is pregnant with her 3rd child (first to her new boyfriend) and due about three and a half months after me. So anyway, my nan keeps sending me emails about how great my aunty is going, and all about her pregnancy and how excited they are for her, but she doesn't even bother to acknowledge me in any way. Like, my aunty just found out she's having a girl, so I get a hepas long email about how excited they all are, but not once since they found out I am pregnant have they bothered to even mention my baby, or how I am....
    This probably sounds like I'm having a huge whinge, and I guess that in a way, I am, but what should I do??? I want to be excited for my aunty, but no one even cares that I am having a baby too and I don't want my baby to grow up feeling left out or resented by my relatives.
    PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I would TRY to let it just wash over you. She is probably purposely focusing on your aunt, but I would think that once your bub is born, either your nan will fall in love with bubs, or it's her loss. My sister has had two kids very young, and she had the same response, basically total ignoring of her being pregnant. (mainly by aunts and uncles) I find now that the bubs are here, that they don't go out of their way to acknowledge her or her kids, but when they do see them they can't help but coo over them as they're adorable.
    Once your baby is here it will also become normal to them. It is so hard to imagine anyone with a baby before it's born, let alone someone so young, so maybe they just need time to adjust.
    Just be happy with yourself and enjoy your pregnancy and let those who are accepting you enjoy it too. Once baby is here they will find it more normal. ( I couldn't have EVER imagined my sister with one not to mention two kids, but it's all very normal now. her bubs are 2 years and the other is 3 months).
    Good luck
    xoxoox

angelickaren Guest

hi i know just how you feel i had my first son 6 days before my 18th birthday and i was in hospital for it due to complactions but all i have to say is trust yourself you can do it is the father still in the picture? but at the end of the day most families have alot to say about things same in a positive way and negative but lean on your friends and other family who do support you. My ex parnter mum made my 9mths of pregnancy hell and would not let me in the house and made me feel really bad but hey it takes to to make a baby right well the day after josh was born she arrived in my hospital room with presents for me and josh i just didnt know what to say or do but she changed her mind after he was here so i might be the same for you but if they dont just think its their loss because this bub will be your life now and you will protect in anyway if you want to talk just pm me ok i hope all goes well for you im sure it will

Yeah, bub's father and I are together, but I knida feel like his family don't want to know either. And it' kinda hard on him because the pregnancy was a shock and at first he was really against it, but now he's warmed up to the idea...

I'm not the same age as you but my PG came as a shock too and it took a long time for a lot of people to accept it. Even my own father has only just come around to the idea... its definately difficult to deal with and I think that at the end of the day as long as you are happy there is not much you can do about other people's opinions.

As it stands I've never met DP's parents and they haven't meet Emerson yet either and I'm not really sure that they will. Which isn't easy to accept because like you I don't want my child to feel the brunt of it.

I'm a little bit sleep deprived LOL otherwise I'd have more advice but all I can say is that you can't control the way other people feel and act no matter how immature or wrong it is.

Big hugs and I hope it gets better for you!