Thread: So So So Thirsty!!!

*Nessa* Guest

Default So So So Thirsty!!!

Ok for the last 2 days all i have been doing is drinking and of course peeing!!!!

Last night i drank 3 lt over night, so was up all night and today i am just as thirsty still.

Is this normal???

I am worried about GD as i choose not to have the test

might be a good idea to talk to your midwife about it , or get the test done.

I'd definately have a chat to your carer.... better to put your mind at ease and make sure you're fit and healthy for your birth

Yep I have GD and constantly thirsty....

Caz

becky Guest

Hey Ness - Id definately have the test or chat to someone. Its really no big deal the test, at all!!
    I have heard that drinking heaps and being onstantly thirsty is the main sign of GD. That said though, wouldnt you usually have it by now? I thought 35 weeks was kinda late for it to pop up. Could be wrong....

I would have a chat to your MW or OB and possibly get checked out.
    HOWEVER i do not have GD but drink stupid amounts.
    I find if i stick to just water and have little sugar and salt in my diet it is better thou.
    Did you eat anything that would make you more dehydrated than ususal...
    The other thing that you can do - sounds gross - but smell your wee and get someone to smell your breath... if the smell has changed and smells sweet i would go and get checked ASAP - of course if there is no change to the smell, you could still have it, but it is one of the check
    HTH

*Nessa* Guest

I did ring my midwife and she said its fine.

Specially as i am quite petite in belly size and the amnoitic fluid is on the low side so she said drinking lots can help that.

They are going to do a phone review with the hosp ob on moday when my orignal midwife gets off holidays and see what they happens from there but it looks like i have a possible induction date anyway!!!!

Thanks for your replies

I hear ya!

I've been sooo thirsty the last couple of days - And normally I barely ever get thirsty!